Alphonso Mango Cider

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Still not a lot of action today :( Is there anything I can do? Maybe add some more yeast?

Standing ur demijohn in a sink full of warm/hot (but not to hot) 30c water sometimes helps spends up the initial waiting process or if the yeastie are unhappy an u will find they take off like a rocket but can take a day or two to get going! Make sure u either change the water or take out the demijohn before the water gets too cold!

You can also add more yeast (providing that's not the problem in the first place)
But the bottom like is that as long as its bubbling its going to take off and u should resist the temptation to mess with it too much!!

I'll try standing it in water tonight and adding some activated yeast and see if that makes a difference

Thanks so much for your help

:cheers:

Got some more yeast, can't remember which brand it was in a gold packet. I activated it and added it and the next morning it had gone off like a rocket.

How is everyone elses doing??

Mines still bubbling away with plenty of pulp at the top.

Very excited for this to be done

Mine has now finished so do I pop it in another Demi John and wait for it to clear?

Not long and it will of been a year since I bottled this, well just a few more months!!

So excited to taste it but not sure when too crack it open haha

Currently have this fermenting, great recipe Beanhead! I couldn't get the Alphonso mangos so I just used standard mangos. It's nearly ready to rack.

How long did you condition it for before drinking?

See attached pic for the Mangobrain lol pink lemon cider next I think!

image.jpg

Has anyone tried the KTC sweetened Alphonso mango pulp in a tin? I have tasted some cider made from it and it's very thick and tasty. I'm basically wondering on what ratio to use to make a gallon tin size is 850g.
Any recommendations appreciated thanks in advance

I have just started something a little like this, however i just got 2 litres of apple juice and 2 litres of apple and mango. mixed together and boom.
:p

I have just started something a little like this, however i just got 2 litres of apple juice and 2 litres of apple and mango. mixed together and boom.
:p

Good luck in your brew I also hope it turns out okay for you but I'm a little sceptical on the mango, why because I don't think you will get much mango flavour from it.

Agree with the above, great read so great i now have 2 Dj's going at the moment with passion fruit added fingers crossed all works out great, one thing i did have trouble with was getting my SG as the mango juice seemed too thick and hovered around 1.040-1,050 but i was happy with a reading between them again thanks for the recipe :razz:

Back