black ipa ??????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's more about technique really.

Go with an all pale malt grain bill, or throw a couple of percent of a very pale crystal in it to hit around 1.050.

Colour wise you need to hit black, but without a trace of roastiness. You can use the de-husked Carafa Special III for this, or Roast Barley/black malt which you cold steep . . .. say around a KG steeped in 2.5L of cold water for 24 hours . . . strain off he liquid and add it to the boiler.

Hops American, big and bold . . .To around 55-60IBU, deriving 50% of the bitterness from the late addition.

Stick with Cascade or Aurora . . . Citra . . .Columbus the really big 'C' hops and lots off them.

I did do a Cascadian last year but as it was for 12BBL the recipe doesn't really apply :D . . . An d I under bittered it

Not really on-topic. But i get really really annoyed when breweries names it "BLACK India PALE ale". Makes no sense what so ever.

dont know if you can read m8 i was asking for a recipy like people do here :electric: :wha:

Rukula said:
Not really on-topic. But i get really really annoyed when breweries names it "BLACK India PALE ale". Makes no sense what so ever.

You gone soft Aleman you usually chastise people for the use of the term Black IPA :whistle: :whistle:

It is wrong though I agree with you Rukula, no excuse Taz :lol:

Latest posts

Back