Any Ford mechanics?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hairybiker

Landlord.
Reaction score
Having had to scrap my previous car:
I need some info on a Focus I have.
It is a MK1 Zetec 1.4 T reg 1999

Problems:
Rear door key doesn't open door, stuck lock?
How to program a (2nd hand) remote to unlock the doors?
To replace the water pump do I need to remove the cam belt cover?

Thanks guys :thumb:

Is programming the remote not ignition on and off 4 times quickly, then key out and press the button on the new remote?

Can you open the stuck door from inside with the handle? Could also be a broken wire or failed locking motor.

Don't know about the water pump; I've not had a look at one on a Focus... Sorry.

(Not a mechanic BTW, just someone who has had a few Fords before and enjoys working on cars).

Re prog a remote on the galaxy last week. It was three times unlock drivers door. Alarm light flashes. Then hold the lock and unlock button together and then release the unlock button. Not sure if that helps :thumb:

water pump is usually connected to the cam belt so I would say yes to the cambelt cover + new cambelt and tensioners. :)

Had the cam belt & tensioner replace last week, that's when the guy said the water pump, power steering pump and their tensioner all needed replaced at some point, bearings starting to go - still ok at the mo. (Outside the cam belt area separate belt, but looked like the wp was somewhat inside the cover which is why I asked)

Tried the ignition 4x on/off no go. No alarm so no lights to flash.

Forgot the other problem with it:
Rear washer doesn't. Pump runs but no water out of the nozzle, Blocked nozzle? (seen water ONCE since I got it 2 weeks ago)

hairybiker said:
Forgot the other problem with it:
Rear washer doesn't. Pump runs but no water out of the nozzle, Blocked nozzle? (seen water ONCE since I got it 2 weeks ago)

Maybe a blocked nozzle, yes. Also worth checking that the hose is attached at both ends - I've had them blow off before.

Hi, You should be able to do it without removing the cover but you will have to remove the auxiliary drive belt NOT the cambelt. Not to hard a job if you do it yourself (try eurocar parts for spares their cheaper than Hal*ords)!

Tried cleaning the nozzle with a pin and removed the brake light to see if the pipe was connected. Looks fine.
Where is the other end I can only see the filler in the engine compartment.

Hi, top of the boot lid just under the brake light thingy!

Fixed the rear washer issue. The rubber hose from the join to the nozzle was kinked or not allowing the water through.
Replaced it with a length of pvc tubing and now have a rear washer.
Just got the rest to fix now. :hat:

Latest posts

Back