My 1st AG

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well its finally happened ive gone over to the dark side the force was to strong
Decided to do a Bass ale
Grain bill
3500gms Crushed pale malt
250gms crushed crystal malt
60gms Fuggles hops
30+15+10 gms Goldings hops
5ml Irish moss
500gms Brewing sugar
DSC00013.jpg

the Grains
DSC00014-1.jpg

sparging
DSC00015.jpg

Nice rolling boil Adding the hops
DSC00016-1.jpg

Final runnings
DSC00018.jpg

hydro reading during running from the boiler
DSC00019-2.jpg

Wort cooler in
All in all ive had a blinding day on my first AG sorry i cant get pics to show :hmm: hope it comes out ok but who gives a monkeys il drink it :cheers:

Hi Eddie, Glad it all went well, looks good, That's 2 virginal AG brewers losing there cherry in one swoop. I'm planning a porter for AG2, just got to convince the wife it was worth it. ;)
Lets hope they both come out ok.

jenki said:
Hi Eddie, Glad it all went well, looks good, That's 2 virginal AG brewers losing there cherry in one swoop. I'm planning a porter for AG2, just got to convince the wife it was worth it. ;)
Lets hope they both come out ok.
I quite fancy muddydisco's poltergist porter

Well done Eddie :thumb: Nice pics and a good looking brewday, Now into the darkside further young jedi

Great stuff! Theres nothing quite like drinking your own beer made from scratch, apart from your friends and family saying they love it!

Only problem now is you will never enjoy supermarket beer again! :cheers:

I was bitten last October and my third brew day was finished yesterday :D .

I too went for a stout on number 2 and did a guiness clone which has been in the bottle a week but tasted lovely as I was bottling it :rofl:

Best advice from my first is to save some because it really improves over time :drink:

OMG ive just tried my 1st brew been resisting the temptation now for days finally broke under the strain ive suprised myself its actually quite nice very hoppy nice clarity will rack it off tomorrow into clean FV will post a piccy then :clap: :party: :grin:

Latest posts

Back