Never brewed beer ever- WIDNES.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

diggers76

Reaction score
Hi. Im a novice, wife pulling uncertain faces! Planning to brew in my shed planning to buy a 40l water boiler. See some posts and wonder if ill be out of my depth. I literally am walling blindly into this but really want to do it.

Welcome to the forum :cheers:

You may want to see if a local brewer will let you join them on a brew day so you get an idea of how all grain brewing works. I'm assuming you want to go all grain as you mention a boiler :thumb:

keep it simple, I am only brewing as the OH baught me a kit from amazon!

Maybe put off buying stuff untill you have had a go?

I mean you can get a kit off the web for £50 everything in.

its a start then you can at the shiny shiny bits later?

Welcome diggers76.

That is brave for a newbie. I'd go to Wilkos and get the basics for kit brewing (...and a kit of course) and build up from there!

I have the same long terms aims (full grain brewing) but gotta walk before you run!

Let us all know how it goes.

Digger it's brilliant, you'll love it. :D

Maybe you've already got a good handle on what to do, I would start simple and get a few ideas.
If you did start with a basic kit it won't be wasted. You'll still need the FV and all the stuff you buy with a kit. If your like me and read a bit, after 3 or 4 kits you'll want to move on.

Welcome to the forum.
I am a newbie too.I may get to All Grain down the line,but at the moment I am on kit no3.I am already putting into practice many things I have learnt from brewing the first two kits.Just little lesson's learned to make the next one easier and therefore more fun,and less of a panic.(bottling story).
As others have said maybe you should try some kits,it takes a lot of variables out of the equation allowing you to refine the basics.It is still great fun,absorbing and mostly really satisfying drinking your own beer at the end, thinking I made that!!!
Plus SWMBO can see a result without too much outlay ;)

Cheers and happy brewing.

Latest posts

Back