Asda smart price juice

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

xdaver

Reaction score
HI Just a quick shout out to turbo cider (and wine) makers, Asda have reduced the apple content in their 1ltr smart price juice from 100% to 50%.
This is probably to get the price lower, its about 10p cheaper now.

There wasnt any white grape juice either or a space for it on their shelves (that I noticed).
They had reduced the carton juices section by a third to fit in bottles of shloer :(.

I now use red grape juice instead as its always in stock at Tesco -

Tropicana Red Grape Juice 1 Litre

Any 2 for £3.50

Offer valid until 28/10/2014

IDShot_225x225.jpg

Grape juice seems a pretty rare thing too at the moment hereabouts. Aldi have none at all and Tescos only have purple grape juice in the fresh juice section at 1.30 for 750ml which strikes me as a bit steep...

Cheers chippy Ive got a lidl by mine I get the red grape juice from.
I try and avoid the big tesco, I'd have to take the wife and its two floors to look around :(.
How do the wow's turn out with rgj instead of wgj, I make the pomm one as my house rose'

A while ago we decided we prefer pomegrante, cranberry and raspberry based WOW with white grape juice so stopped using orange, mango type juices, when the white grape juice shortage happened last year we got some red grape juice we then found the taste was a lot different when used with cranberry or pomegranate , i saw someone post a recipe using red grape juice and apple so we tried it and it tasted great, we now make this to keep stocks up and make a WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc 30 bottle Kit as our favourite wine, at £21.99 (free postage from ebay) it works out about £10 more expensive than making a 5 gallon WOW but the difference in taste is worth the extra.

Review here - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=49224

Red grape juice and apple, is very nice indeed i made some last year after finding you thread for the first time.
your thread really opened my eye's to the endless possibility with wine.

Its a great thread with lots of feedback from members, it takes a bit of getting through though, :lol:

Back