easy to remove labels for bottles

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ashley

Regular.
Reaction score
Does anyone know where to but plasticised labels that will go through an inkjet printer? Labels that when you go to remove them they dont leave behind adhesive and a thin layer of paper?

Basically i use address labels atm but i have to soak them to get the off cleanly...

...any suggestions?

Yep. Normal printer paper and a Pritt-stick (other stick based glues are available!) or milk.

Use a square design with straight edges.

Soak off in seconds!

Where do i get peelable labels from?

If your not after beer specific labels just look up peelable labels on amazon etc. Avery branded labels do peelable ones. If you want to you can print on to them using Microsoft word using stored templates. But why do that when you can just write on them!

Another normal paper, ordinary ink jet printer and Pritt Stick here. Fast, cheap and looks the part! I do find that the supermarket copies of Pritt Stick are not as good as the genuine thing.

Also... use PicMonkey (free - Google it) for my designs to print.

Only negative is, I have a mate that whacks my bottles in the freezer for an hour to 'speed chill'. Because the labels are not waterproof or plastic, they look like s* when he hands the bottles back :-/

Said the wine was mighty fine though... :grin:

Last edited:
I contacted a company called label planet and they sent me some samples of removable labels. No residue or paper left behind. Even after i wet the label it came straight off.

Im not fussed about it being fancy, i just want a small sticker so i can write what it is, how strong it is and the date i bottled it. Also if i added anything into the kit to make it different.

I think the 45mmx25mm size is perfect for doing just that. You also get 40 of those stickers on one sheet so one pack would see you through nearly 25 brews!

Back