Hops from Get 'er Brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used a bit of everything so far apart from the eureka and have posted an initial review for the 4 hops i used in my IPA, will review the rest in a couple of weeks when I have had a sample. Still trying to think of something to do with the Eureka....

Waiting to taste my first few beers and will then review them on their site as well as my brewday thread. Really nice to see such a good response from everyone, it seems we are all keen on free hops :)

Same here, used 3 so far and will review on their site once I've tasted them in a few weeks.

Haven't got time for any ag brews the next couple of weeks but got a pretty good idea for my next few little batches which will test out another 2 or 3 varieties. I'll get round to them all eventually!

I eventually got around to bottling my Canadian Blonde plus a Cardinal Hopped Canadian Blonde to compare. I'll pop a bottle of each open in 2 weeks and write my review.

I'm going to brew either an AG Stout or a Wheat beer this weekend and use one of the hops for a second review.

Finally got around to trying my first effort tonight. Brew day thread here. Will leave some reviews on Geterbrewed shortly.

Been a busy few weekends recently, so had no brewing time. I'll be on holiday (off work) in a couple of weeks, so will use the rest in a brew then.

Popped a bottle of the washed stuff out the grain of my high abv 9.5-10% and it really tastes good. Its only around 4-5% as the run offs.

But it's brew day Saturday and I'm using the rest I have left. Because why not.

Last edited:
Tried a bottle of my Belgian blonde. Lovely tasting but still needs a few more weeks conditioning. Lovely colour and clear taste of the Styrian Goldings. Nice alcohol taste but not too overpowering. A little under carbed but the head laced down the glass right to the end. Could be my best AG yet.

I left a review on Geterbrewed although it was more for the Canadian Can kit I purchased and not on the hop. I'm not a great describer of beers, hop flavours I just don't "get" but hopefully it meets the T/C of this competition. Even if it doesn't I will add further reviews for the hops I use and meet the T/C that way.

I've moved to All Grain but I seen this kit as a sale item and grabbed it to experiment with. I split this kit into 2 and the first I done as instructed. It was a pretty decent brew to be honest, a nice clean lager type with no strong flavours or smells and would make a decent session brew. But because of this, it's also nothing special. It's something I'd drink 10 pints of in a pub but not something I'd go looking for if I were looking for something that little bit different.Lagers can be a hit an miss affair for the home brewer, they usually require low temperatures for brewing but this brewed just fine at room temperature, I'd be interested to know what strain of yeast is used.

The second I pitched onto the trub of a previous blonde that was brewed with Safale US 05 yeast (an ale yeast). I boiled up some water and added 10g Styrian Cardinal Hops (alpha 9.2%). As I couldn't enter anything into a calculator this was a hit and miss affair but what a transformation. Again no strong smells but it gave the beer the wow factor it needed. I'm not a great describer of beers and flavours, the hop is meant to have "Apple, pineapple, tropical fruits, passion fruit, strawberries, anise.". I couldn't tell any of these but I think I got the 10g hop amount just right, it didn't spoil the beer and actually improved an otherwise bland lager.

I would brew this again but I wouldn't rush out for it. I'd also add some hops to give it a stronger flavour. I gave it 3 stars but that isn't a fault of the beer. If you like clean crisp tastes this beer is for you but if you like something a little bit different then go for something else.

http://www.geterbrewed.com/muntons-premium-canadian-style-1.5kg/

Last edited:
Will put my review up on the Bobek and Svjanski in a week or so when I may have sampled it (although post ferment tastes are positive.. real positive

Has another IPA it just gets better and better..

I am not saying this because I feel obliged but I honestly mean it these hops have produced me some amazing stuff so far. (I have also been water treating which I believe also helps)

Going to do a smaller batch this week with Ereka and possibly some Goldings..

Seriously guys give these hops a go if you haven't already

Without perusing their website what is delivery cost to UK mainland for their hops and is it more economic to order multi pack a of them? As I've been buying off hops4you on eBay and getting away with best offers

Will put my review up on the Bobek and Svjanski in a week or so when I may have sampled it (although post ferment tastes are positive.. real positive

Has another IPA it just gets better and better..

I am not saying this because I feel obliged but I honestly mean it these hops have produced me some amazing stuff so far. (I have also been water treating which I believe also helps)

Going to do a smaller batch this week with Ereka and possibly some Goldings..

Seriously guys give these hops a go if you haven't already

That's really good advice mate - my triple bridge is getting better every time I try one. The original bitter bite has disappeared, and the aroma and flavour is marvellous. I'm glad I got 100g of each, and I will definitely be getting more!

My cardinal wolf IPA Is conditioning as we speak. And my EEP (Eastern European Pilsner) is just finishing it's rest before bottling and lagering.

Just need to come up with a recipe to use the other hops. Reviews to follow shortly.

Without perusing their website what is delivery cost to UK mainland for their hops and is it more economic to order multi pack a of them? As I've been buying off hops4you on eBay and getting away with best offers

Their postage is a flat cost of £6ish for orders under 25kg (I think or thereabouts). I normally try and order £20 or more worth of goodies to make it worthwhile.

If I want a one off pack of hops, there's a seller called ramengdean, or similar, on eBay who is cheap, decent quality and plenty of choice.

That's really good advice mate - my triple bridge is getting better every time I try one. The original bitter bite has disappeared, and the aroma and flavour is marvellous. I'm glad I got 100g of each, and I will definitely be getting more!

I think mine might benefit from a bit of aging, it's more like an English IPA than a US one. It's also taught me not to fill mini kegs with 6% beer!

Looking forward to using all of the fruity ones next in an APA.

I tried a little sneaky sample of the big abv AG brew I made. Called it styrian wolf. As that was the whole bag in the end.

Its strong in malt and body, but the hops in the background and the aroma of the styrian wolf keeps your mouth watering! the abv of 9% which I'm sure is correct, even after adding 3 litres of water during fermentation, doesn't leave much of an alcoholic twang either.

I have filled two kegs with this stuff. :-)

And the primus smokebox which is 6.something% has two kegs to. ;-) that got dry hopped with Dana I think.

I'll post new reviews on geterbrewed tomoz

So what's the score with reporting "I struggle to see how I would want to use them/people will like them" and an individual's Brewers view on some of these new hops? I'm sure geterbrewed don't want that on their website. Shall I just post them here?

So what's the score with reporting "I struggle to see how I would want to use them/people will like them" and an individual's Brewers view on some of these new hops? I'm sure geterbrewed don't want that on their website. Shall I just post them here?

Do new thread in the hops grain and water forum

Latest posts

Back