Mangrove jacks yeast....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beechwood

Regular.
Reaction score
Anyone tried using the dark ale yeast? i'm hoping to get some of this soon to use in a porter with an OG of 1060. Any thoughts?

I did a Porter using it last year....OG 1.060 and it finished at 1.022 so not massive attenuation. Initially I wasn't sure, but after a month or two in the bottle it turned out very nice. I was following the Graham Wheeler Fullers London Porter recipe.

Thanks guys for the info. yeah that FG is a bit on the high side like you say, perhaps I'll use a British ale yeast of some kind, I'm aiming for an FG of around 1014.
The recipe I've got is Guinness single stout porter recipe from 1883, I probably should use an Irish ale yeast really I guess.....:drink:

Nottingham might work and is cheap and reliable. I did an ESB clone starting at 1.060 with WLP 002 the Fuller's strain, and was surprised it took it down to 1.016. Both times I've used 002 this year its ended up with a lower FG than I was expecting....quite like that yeast.

Latest posts

Back