What kit / system do you use?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wagum

Reaction score
I have been thinking about what different systems / kit people can use to do all grain and that it might be interesting to find out what people actually use.

I have only just moved over to AG with a BIAB using a Burco boiler?

What does everyone else use?

Cheers, Adam.

50L pot with temp gauge and hop filter and sight glass to utilise full volume BIAB on a gas burner

Simple mash in mash out no sparge boil done.

I do however often wonder about going down a Grain father route at some point in my life..

Cooler mash tun and 32L stock pot. Have just done my 50th brew in it.
885f88d395b860722e06419daf5d6f4d.jpg
b97c63403c896c0964266f2b9addc2d5.jpg

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Had a petco boiler and cool box but my wife bought me a braumeister so now it's all shiney!

Started AG with stove top in a 15 litre pot then purchased a Hoppy 8 gallon pot,built a brew bench incorporating a second hand gas hob,got a 52 litre coolbox and converted into a Mash tun and have just bought a Burco 30 litre urn and a couple of pumps from eBay to set up a RIMS.
This can get to be a seriously addictive hobby.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

I started out with a 3 vessel system, great but always found them a little clunky. I moved over to a Braumeister a few months ago and it was the best decision I've made. So easy to use, all in one, you can do stepped mashes with ease, easy to clean etc. Wouldn't go back to 3v now.

AG wise started with a 15L pan with an element in it, my hob is ****, but in last 6 months I have moved to a Peco for BIAB and in the last month added two more Peco style bins to have a HLT, Mash Tun and Boiler set up.

Bought the Peco as a BIAB kit from Geterbrewed, the add-ons have been cobbled togetehr from ebay with Peco elements from Peco and various taps and insulation.

Only used it the once so far and some tweaking still to do, but I'm happy, and I wanted to go 3 vessel over an all in one system.

I use a DIY 3 vessel system. I made the HLT and boiler from plastic fermenters with kettle elements and the Mash Tun is converted from an Ice box. Its a great system that I like using as I have plenty of room to brew in without upsetting anyone. I am currently upgrading my boiler using a stainless vessel and fitting proper elements and a sight glass. I am also building in a variable voltage regulator to control the elements. I will also upgrade the Mash Tun soon, bigger and more insulation. I have looked at the all in one systems but they are not for me. I love the DIY element of brewing including building all the kit.

Brewolution Brewster. Not the coolest looking all-in-one, but it does a great job and it's easy to clean & store. :thumb:

I use a Brooklyn Brew Shop kit that I got as a gift. A fantastic introduction to all grain brewing and although it only makes small batches it suits me perfectly.
I'm thinking of buying another fermenter though.

I use a bergland thermopot 50L as a mash tun which I converted myself and a 50L stock pot with two 2kw elements as a boiler. The MT is too big but the plan is to increase batch size one day! So it's a 2V system to save space and money

Thanks guys. As expected there are a lot of different systems people use for all grain.

Back