Glass Door brew fridge

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
my thinking is its quite a bit cheaper than the more advanced alternatives.

2k? wow, most ive come across seem to be around £600-£800 mark so even then was wondering if there is a catch?

sorry, just to clarify this will be a fermentation fridge - nice and roomy and can cool to zero. thinking of upgrading to a SS fv from my plastic one also so it would be good to see it!

This is one that we replaced. Please note that this is now used as a fermentation cabinet, not a fridge. Its 700li and 6.5ft tall

004.jpg

Ive never found that.

A small amount of light creeps in round the sides of the blind on my garage door and in the summer any bottles conditioning uncovered on the shelves will develop a thin layer of yeast on the "sunny side" of the bottles.

Maybe this wouldn't happen with artificial light but it happens in my garage. :thumb:

the glass front wont be as good an insulator as the usual expanded foam, i have a smaller glass fronted fridge and find a bit of ground mat gaffer taped over the glass helps increase the insulation.

check out ebay and 2nd use commercial fridges thats where mine came from for £20..(advertised as a Fosters bottle fridge, fosters being a premium brand of ss comercial fridges, what arrived was a mild steel bog standard bottle fridge with fosters larger promo stickers on its side walls.. been running like a charm for close to a decade tho..

Been looking on Gum tree but they are all more expensive than this new one. Also The last fridge I bought on gum tree cost me 50 quid, then 25 quid three months later to get it collected and recycled after it packed up.

My Main concern is that the one I linked looks maybe to cheap in comparison to others.

well the site looks legit, google its name for complaints, the sale price could reflect a lot of things it may not be quite as robust as would be liked for a comercial fridge?? a little loud or about to be superceeded with a wifi/bt model

buy with a credit card/paypal for extra protection after basic checks on the seller and you should be fine, if it runs for 3 months it should run for 3 years+

well under EU consumer law you have iirc a minimum 3 year warranty on white goods might be 6?? , post brexit tho your probably fecked..??

not that brexit will occur for a few years, but getting businesses to comply with regs on their way out might prove tricky..

Latest posts

Back