Seasonal Forum Competition - November 17

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What should be the theme of the November competition?

• Flavours of Christmas

• Berries

Results are only viewable after voting.
I do like the idea of a seasonal brew session where everyone can contribute ideas, but I'm not sure about Christmas pudding or berry additions so may sit the first one out (or do a small batch of something if I'm inspired by something discussed) I do intend doing some darker stronger beers for drinking over the winter so depending what the criteria ends up as may be able to enter one of these.

Question: What should be the theme of the November competition?

Options:
Flavours of Christmas
Berries

Another option of Winter beer would allow people to incorporate either or neither of the above as desired.

Ive got a raspberry lager made(disqualified from lager comp lol) and I've got a blackberry brett brown ale type thing on the go so berries would be good. But reading this thread has also inspired me to make a xmas beer so ill be happy either way:thumb:

Ive got a raspberry lager made(disqualified from lager comp lol) and I've got a blackberry brett brown ale type thing on the go so berries would be good. But reading this thread has also inspired me to make a xmas beer so ill be happy either way:thumb:

I can vouch for the raspberry lager. (even if it was me that disqualified it :lol:)

I can vouch for the raspberry lager. (even if it was me that disqualified it :lol:)

I drank your wit beer last night and I have to say it was really good even if you did disqualify me:rofl:

It's 50/50 at the minute. What do we do in the even of a tie? :lol:

As both options seem popular should we make the theme 'flavours of Xmas including berries' to get as many involved as possible in the inaugural seasonal comp?

I may be being thick... But where is the poll?

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

As both options seem popular should we make the theme 'flavours of Xmas including berries' to get as many involved as possible in the inaugural seasonal comp?
I was thinking "surely berries area flavour of Xmas" anyway?

I think flavours of xmas is broad enough to include many different flavours, which I would image include berries. Don't the Britts eat fruit cake at that time of the year, which must include some berries.

I may be being thick... But where is the poll?

It should be at the top of the page but I see you are using Tapatalk which doesn't seem to like this site, try wiewi g the site in a browser in desktop mode, I use opera browser and it works fine.

To change from mobile to desktop version scroll to the bottom of the page and use the link.

It could be argued that some berries fall into the flavours of Christmas, such as cranberries, but I doubt a beer using strawberries would present what are understood to be flavours of Christmas! I eat a banana every morning, including Christmas day, and I always have a smoked brisket ready at that time of year, but neither would be judged to be flavours of Christmas!

I guess the judge will push those that are reminiscent of Christmas to the fore during the process.

That said, it's a bit of fun and a way to make people rethink their brewing, whether they do a whole batch or a split batch. It's more about trying new practices and ingredients, so I'm happy whichever approach is chosen because I'm going to learn something.

Very true, I also think strawberries would be stretching it :) but, there are other seasonal berries that I think would be appropriate.
As said, it's all a bit of fun and a learning process :thumb:

Latest posts

Back