Goldings hops....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clint

Forum jester...🏅🏆
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hello all
I'm busy looking through the Graham Wheeler book at some recipes ...a few ask for "golding" hops...would that be just golding,which I can't seem to find,or East Kent, ceilia, styrian. ...?

Cheers

Clint

Hello all
I'm busy looking through the Graham Wheeler book at some recipes ...a few ask for "golding" hops...would that be just golding,which I can't seem to find,or East Kent, ceilia, styrian. ...?

Cheers

Clint
EKG:thumb:

It's quite confusing Styrian Golding are now split into three different types; Celia, Bobek and Styrian Goldings themselves. There's also Styrian Aurora and Styrian Atlas

It's quite confusing Styrian Golding are now split into three different types; Celia, Bobek and Styrian Goldings themselves. There's also Styrian Aurora and Styrian Atlas

There's some Aurora 'super Styrians' loitering at the bottom of my freezer. Can't remember what they're like - there's so many half-used packs in there that I can't fit the chips in anymore. One day I'm just gonna chuck the lot into a brew and see what transpires. Anyways.... as chub says, if a recipe just says 'Goldings' I'd assume EKG.

There's some Aurora 'super Styrians' loitering at the bottom of my freezer. Can't remember what they're like - there's so many half-used packs in there that I can't fit the chips in anymore. One day I'm just gonna chuck the lot into a brew and see what transpires. Anyways.... as chub says, if a recipe just says 'Goldings' I'd assume EKG.

Just make sure you dont accidently dry hop with some chips.

I won 50g of all the Styrian varieties over at jims. I cant remember what Aurora are like either

So... what's the difference between EKG and `Worcester Goldings'. I've been buying both but maybe to no purpose.

So... what's the difference between EKG and `Worcester Goldings'. I've been buying both but maybe to no purpose.
Could be wrong,i think they are one of the same,originally from Kent but grown in abundance in Worcestershire.

Just make sure you dont accidently dry hop with some chips.

I won 50g of all the Styrian varieties over at jims. I cant remember what Aurora are like either

Lol! And to add to the confusion, I believe Styrian Goldings are actually a Fuggles derivative!

Last edited:
Back