Anniversary brew

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

31bb3

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well its nearly my 1st anniversay of joining THBF
Id like to take this opportunity to thank all of the members who have got me to this point in my brewing hobby (Even it i did get drawn into the dark side ) ;)
So today im going to do my anniversary brew !!!
Ingredients are
Pale maris otter 4.50kg
Crystal 0.65kg
chocolate malt 0.10kg
roasted barley 0.5kg
For hops
northdown 25g 90 min
stryian goldings 20g 30 min
Pics to follow

31bb3 said:
I'd like to take this opportunity to thank all of the members who have got me to this point in my brewing hobby (Even if I did get drawn into the dark side)
You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave :drink: :twisted:

Seriously though, you're quite welcome to go back to kit brewing, if you think you could still do it.

Happy (almost) Anniversary.
Have a good'un :cheers:

Just had a second look have you got your decimal points wrong again?
500grm of Roast Barley
and only 100grm of Chocolate?

well only 2 days into the fermentation it went like a train I pitched the brew on a yeast cake from previous brew now it seems to have drasticlly slowed down ive checked the gravity and its dropped to 10.10 from 10.50 is this normal it seems a bit quick :hmm:

What variety was the yeast Eddie?
You will also have much more yeast in there to do the job than a standard sachet or starter ;)

31bb3 said:
well only 2 days into the fermentation it went like a train I pitched the brew on a yeast cake from previous brew now it seems to have drasticlly slowed down ive checked the gravity and its dropped to 10.10 from 10.50 is this normal it seems a bit quick :hmm:
Yep that's normal if you pitch a large amount of yeast :thumb:
I brewed last Friday, pitched 2 packs of SO4 into 42 litres, it was down to 1.009 from 1.039 on Sunday evening and I'll be kegging on Thursday :D

Might be something to do with the time of the year and pretty much perfect temps at the moment - my brew fermented out in 2 days too (so4)
:D

Latest posts

Back