Tinned Peach Wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rozza2010

Reaction score
Hi,

Just set off my next brew.. Tinned Peach wine

Ive seen quite a few different recipes online for tinned fruit and thought id give tinned peaches ago after seeing them in asda for about 56p each.

2 tins of Asda value Peach Slices in Syrup - 56p each
(Each tin weighs 411g - Drained Weight 250g)
(Each tin has 69g of sugar)
1l White Grape Juice (Rio Doro bought from Aldi) - 70p
(Contains 151g Sugar)
780g Sugar
1 Cup of strong tea
Pectolase
Yeast & Nutrient

Disolved the sugar in a litre of water, waited for it to cool. Put it all together.

My S.G is 1.090

https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/photo/xRHzgFyrZoRN4tjuYP-7XA?feat=directlink

Let me know what you think..

Thanks
Paul

How did this work out, if you have drunk it yet? Would you change anything if doing it again?

How long did you (or are you intending to) mature it, before drinking?

Many thanks

I have not yet tried this wine, in fact I forgot all about it. I will open a bottle and give it a try :-D

made a very similar one in june using aldi red grape juice i like it the wife loves it :drink: i made a 5 gallon batch

Dids you mash the fruit or just add it to the FV whole?

i put mine in a food processor and liquidised it cleared on its own after filering it is a lovely looking rose :thumb:

trev21561 said:
made a very similar one in june using aldi red grape juice i like it the wife loves it :drink: i made a 5 gallon batch

any chance of a step by step guide for a novice like my self?

Hi,

Sorry for not replying, been rather busy with the new baby.
All my brewing stuff has all been put in the attic but I plan to get it back down next week.

Ill dig out all of my notes and post a step to step guide. I just used a spoon to mash the fruit.

I tried this wine a few weeks ago and was brilliant, was very impressed with the fruit tea wine I did as well.

Thanks
Paul

Congratulations on the little one :)

I have also been following this thread as I think it is something that I will most definately try.

rozza2010 said:
Hi,

Sorry for not replying, been rather busy with the new baby.
All my brewing stuff has all been put in the attic but I plan to get it back down next week.

Ill dig out all of my notes and post a step to step guide. I just used a spoon to mash the fruit.

I tried this wine a few weeks ago and was brilliant, was very impressed with the fruit tea wine I did as well.

Thanks
Paul

Ok thanks mate I will look forward to it :cheers:

Latest posts

Back