Register Now!
The HomeBrew Forum > General Discussion > The Snug > R.I.P William Christopher (Father Mulcahy)

Old 01-01-2017, 07:39 PM   #1
Chippy_Tea
THBF_ADMIN.png

Liked 2414 Times on 1997 Posts
Likes Given: 3078

Default R.I.P William Christopher (Father Mulcahy)

M*A*S*H used to be one of my favourite T.V shows.

William Christopher, who played kind-hearted priest Father Mulcahy in the TV series M*A*S*H, has died at 84.
The actor, who was diagnosed with cancer 18 months ago, died at home in Pasadena, California, on Saturday.
He appeared in all 11 seasons of M*A*S*H, a bittersweet comedy about the life of a US medical unit during the 1950-53 Korean War.
The show ran from 1972-1983. Its finale drew 106 million viewers, a record at the time.
Christopher, who was born in Chicago, moved to New York to work as a theatre actor after college. He later went to California, securing several television roles.
Then in 1972 he was cast in M*A*S*H, a television series that followed a film of the same name.
M*A*S*H stands for Mobile Army Surgical Hospital, and the series centred on a unit, the M*A*S*H 4077, and the lives of the doctors and nurses who staffed it.
Christopher played the camp chaplain, a courteous and compassionate presence who counselled medical staff and patients amid the chaos of the war.
He was one of four cast members who appeared in every season of the show. When it ended, he briefly appeared in a spin-off, After M*A*S*H, with two other cast members, as well as other television work.
Loretta Swit, who played Major Margaret "Hot Lips" Houlihan, said Christopher was perfectly cast in M*A*S*H.
"Everyone adored him,'' she said. "A great sense of humour and a great humanitarian. He became TV's quintessential padre as Father Mulcahy on M*A*S*H."

BBC News.

Supermarket Juice Wine Recipes and W.O.W - here - http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/sh...ad.php?t=49462

Old 06-01-2017, 10:21 AM   #2
Dutto
Dutto

Liked 1098 Times on 804 Posts
Likes Given: 2413

Ironic that a few days after William Christopher died someone posted a "hoax" that "Hotlips" from M*A*S*H (aka Loretta Swit) had also died.

I think I must have a humour gene missing because I can never see anything remotely funny about announcing someone's death; especially when they are still alive!

Living more in hope than expectation; and seldom disappointed.

Drinking
Fulstows Marsh Mild (15/12/16)
Fulstows Northfields IPA (05/01/17)
Woodfordes Wherry (17/01/17)

Conditioning
OR Bitter (03/02/17)
OR Light Ale (21/02/17)

Fermenting
OR Mild Ale

In Store
Gone with the Wheat Gluten Free Czech Pilsner (6/08/16)

Note:
(**/**/**) = Date bottled or legged
In Store = Few remaining bottles
Chippy_Tea Likes This 
Old 06-01-2017, 10:47 AM   #3
Covrich
Sith Acolyte
THBF_MODERATOR.png

Liked 1089 Times on 817 Posts
Likes Given: 506

Send a message via AIM to Covrich Send a message via MSN to Covrich

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dutto View Post
Ironic that a few days after William Christopher died someone posted a "hoax" that "Hotlips" from M*A*S*H (aka Loretta Swit) had also died.

I think I must have a humour gene missing because I can never see anything remotely funny about announcing someone's death; especially when they are still alive!
It is a disgusting thing to do, I am guessing people do it to get hits and revenue.. Got to be money behind these sick motives.

Black IPA
Belgian Wit
English Golden Ale

Fermenting / Conditioning

Steam Punk Steam Beer AG.. OG 1049

Drinking

Pseudo Pilsner AG.. 5.2%
Apple TC 5%
American IPA AG 5.6%
Bluberry TC 4.8%
Hoppy American Brown Ale 5.4%
Oatmeal Stout 6%