Best Beer Kits you have brewed

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I consider the Woodfordes Wherry to be the standard against which I compare all other kits!

It's easy to make and has consistently produced a highly drinkable beer with a very short conditioning time. :thumb: :thumb:

I second covrich hon the ruby red but I feel Im missing out on the stag and youngs amber boo hoo

Cheers for the input. Looks like I've got a few kits to try, should keep me busy for a while.
I'll be cracking a few bottles of my cloudy endeavours ale tonight 😞
But the kit did say it would be slightly hazy though?

A couple of top fives here

aaaaaaaaaaa.JPG

Mine are all Coopers

Preacher's Hefe wheat
Australian Pale Ale (with specialty hops)
European Lager
Pilsner
Cerveza

My current Youngs American IPA and the Better Brew Pilsnr I have left may be my last as my first AG is just around the corner,unless I muck it up of course :whistle:

Brewferm Abdij, consumed at 4-6 months.

Geordie Export using Saflarger S23 aged for a year, exposed to a little sunlight to give it that Stella funk.

Never had better from a kit.

new favourite is Youngs IPA, love it.

i have recently finished off a Courage Directors Ale and i must say its a splendid kit. really true to the original.

i am currently brewing a john bull london porter, ready for bottling, added a little chocolate essence to this one. next up is a young IPA, then brewferm diabolo brewed to 13 ltrs though to make it less strong. then a belguim beer for the keg, a muntons belguim style ale to try.

I have made the Youngs American Amber Ale three times now,first time was amazing, second two not good,that may say more about me than the kit though?

i have this in bottle after a mix up - they put that kit in a ipa box by accident. have to say its really good.

Not had much success with Wherry kits - think I must have had a stuck fermentation.
Possibly the kit that gave me most satisfaction was Festival Pride of London Porter but due to circumstance the added hops had a full 6days in the brew so it didn't taste like a typical Porter.
Gave a bottle to a mate at Christmas and met him in the Pub after and he greeted me ' Hey up, tell you what that beer you gave me was better than this ---- (He was drinking draught Owd Rodger!) made me feel good!

Only done three kits so far but currently they stand at:
1 Bulldog 4 finger Jack - very nice, best so far.
2 St Peters stout - also nice
3 Cooper's European larger - don't know if i did something wrong but it's one of the worst I have ever had.

Got a few lines up a Wherry a couple of John bulls (a traditional English ale and an IPA) and a Cooper's draught

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

Recently came back to doing lots after a break from brewing and before was mainly AG. But Woodfords Wherry without a doubt has been the best. Great quafable pint right there! Also the Simply Pale Ale kit I liked for a good base for dry hopping experiments.

Latest posts

Back