The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ebee

Reaction score
Hi, I have been registered with the home brew Forum for quite a while but forgot.
I have just started a 5 liter batch of mead in my first demijohn and it's been on a week. I think it's nearly ready because it's slowed down a lot.
I have 3 spare airlocks but struggling to find bottles to fit the bungs. If anyone knows brand of drink that may work with them, they are standard size from wilko. They are the same size as a 50p at the small end. But round. I am hoping to learn about home brew and from here so thanks for taking the time to read this.

You can use 5 litre spring water bottles if you drill a 9mm hole the airlock should be a tight fit, you can buy grommets off eBay that will do the job better, if you can find a 28mm wood drill or step drill the wilco bung will fit.

Yeah I've just looked on the Internet and I'll get some grommets and I've ordered 6 five litre waters and I can't wait to try some of the recipes I have seen here. I'll start simple I think. Thanks for the advice

I'm going to make some recipes from the link you provided under your posts. Cider I think. I'm still confused, can I buy the juice that's made from concentrate? And do I boil it too?

Latest posts

Back