Lemon wine

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tau

Landlord.
Reaction score
Thought I'd better use the lemons I bought a few weeks back as they were starting to go.

Juice from 9 lemons, spilled the juice of 1/2 a lemon and 2 were small, the rest medium size. So juice of 8 medium lemons (which was in original recipe).

990g of sugar disolved in dj with hot water. Tin of youngs white grape juice. Lid fell into tin with opener gunk couldn't wash out then got stuck with boiling water in the funnel, added 1/2 a camden to dj just in case and some of the lemons begining to turn. Allowed to cool to 50c added 1 tsp of tannin powder. Allowed to cool another hour and added 1/2 tsp of pectolase (optium at 45c) and 1 tsp wilkos yeast nutrient as felt wasn't much nutirent in there. Added Harris Premium yeast, might be a bit warm and camden probably hasn't dispated so might have to pitch again.

Total sugar around 1150g so around 12.3% potential abv.

This wine has been Terminated!

The dj got knocked (believes was swmbo's fault) after I fell back drunk on a chair and suddenly I was surrounded by lemony alchohol syrup smelling quite nice. Thing was swmbo didn't moan or berate, thinking back I couldn't have possibly struck it, me thinks she tried to grab me and kicked it in doing so....Hmmm have had my sherlock hat on :lol:

Latest posts

Back