Bath or Shower?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bath or shower?

• Love a Bath.

• Prefer a Shower.

• Shower to save money.

Results are only viewable after voting.
If i want a chill i will have a bath and listen to the match on a sat afternoon (when boro are playing away) otherwise it usually a shower for me

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

If i want a chill i will have a bath and listen to the match on a sat afternoon (when boro are playing away) otherwise it usually a shower for me

Everyone should copy this Ppst to their own "SAVE IT" file ... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

... a Boro fan that admits to bathing! :whistle:

Everyone should copy this Ppst to their own "SAVE IT" file ... :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

... a Boro fan that admits to bathing! :whistle:
A one of a kind me [emoji16]

Does standing outside in the rain count as showering ? if so then yeah I shower

Since changing the boiler from a tank holding hot water to a combo boiler 10 years ago I've only had ,2 baths as the water for me doesn't get nowhere near hot enough so its been showers ever since and if I miss a daily one I don't half get it in the ear off swmbo

@Godsdog - We recently had a combi installed i find especially at this time of year you cannot run the hot tap at full flow or as you say its not hot enough, have you tried turning the flow down and allowing a bit more time, mine gets really hot (too hot for a bath) on about half maximum flow.

@Godsdog - We recently had a combi installed i find especially at this time of year you cannot run the hot tap at full flow or as you say its not hot enough, have you tried turning the flow down and allowing a bit more time, mine gets really hot (too hot for a bath) on about half maximum flow.
Tried everything,even had the bloke who designed the bloody thing come down and fiddled with it and got nothing more out of it. He ended up moving the jumpers up from 25 to 30 and still nothing.left the house with his tail between his legs.bottom line is combi boilers are poor for hot bath water as compared to having a tankful on tap and on demand

Tried everything,even had the bloke who designed the bloody thing come down and fiddled with it and got nothing more out of it. He ended up moving the jumpers up from 25 to 30 and still nothing.left the house with his tail between his legs.bottom line is combi boilers are poor for hot bath water as compared to having a tankful on tap and on demand

Well no not really, unless you like paying to heat all that water and have it standing around loosing degree's.
On the whole combi boilers are fine for bath water, what brand boiler do you have ?

Godsdog you need a different boiler. Ours delivers water waay too hot to hold your hand under for more than a couple of seconds, and that's with the tap at full-bore. It's a Baxi, dunno what model.

Showers for me all the way. Always overheat and feel uncomfortable in a bath.

Probably overdo it a bit as I have one every morning to wake me up and because I go out running three times a week after work I have three evening showers as well! As has been said though if you put the plug in while having a shower it's quite surprising how much water you do use so perhaps not the economy option after all!

bottom line is combi boilers are poor for hot bath water as compared to having a tankful on tap and on demand

I have just tried mine (with my brewing thermometer) at about 3/4 full flow and its reading 55c, you wouldn't want to get into a bath full of water at that temperature.

I think your boiler is faulty can you take a reading?

Back