Vine Classe Sauvignon Problem

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

APINTA

Regular.
Reaction score
I am back again:lol: I need some advice please Last Friday I started a Vin Classe Black box Sauvignon wine Kit.Well so far I got is a lot white froth on the top of the top of the fermenter But no bubbles coming though the air lock is that OK OK? the second Q I have made the Red/Grape /Apple Juice wine WOW How long before you can drink it please do you leave it for a long time in the bottle if so how long ?

Hi Apinta
If the brew is foaming, yeast must be active, so co2 being produced. Depends how much space between the top of the liquid and air lock. If large can take a little longer. I would check seals, but wouldn't worry will start popping soon.
As for the wow, generally good to go, some do seem better for standing.
Good luck

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

The first issue - probably letting by at the airlock.

2nd question - never made it but it will depend on temp conditions etc amongst others. Be patient. When it stops bubbling and/or hydrometer down under 1.00 then good to go.

Well Have checked the wine again today still no bubbles coming though the air lock.:whistle: Have taken some photos what do you guys think checked the readings it reads 1000 fom a start reading of 1040It is one of those 7 days ones it does not look like it is going to be that strong also my WOW wine is reading 1004 do I now add stabiliser or leave it a bit longer. The bubbles are coming up very slow though the air lock. Its the white wine that concerns me:doh:

20170321_091342.jpg

20170321_091738.jpg

20170321_091834.jpg

Personally I would wait.
Give it a good stir. Which kit are you brewing out of curiosity? The station value sounds really low. Which is why I would stir it.
I let my wines brew out to .990 which is when I see only a bubble every 2-5mins out the air lock.
Have to say patience is needed which can be lacking on my part but ....
7 day kits typically brew in 10 days I've found. All temperature dependent

Personally I would wait.
Give it a good stir. Which kit are you brewing out of curiosity? The station value sounds really low. Which is why I would stir it.
I let my wines brew out to .990 which is when I see only a bubble every 2-5mins out the air lock.
Have to say patience is needed which can be lacking on my part but ....
7 day kits typically brew in 10 days I've found. All temperature dependent

Firstly i have had no bubbles coming out of my air lock from day one the wine kit is a Vin Class Sauvignon Blanc Black box

1040 starting gravity is a bit low for wine. 1004 will still be quite sweet so i would not stop it yet, you can always backsweeten it if it turns out to be to dry, you will find it far harder to start a wine of again if you stop it to early and to sweet. Do not worry if there are no bubbles in the air lock, it just means your fermenter isn't completely airtight, this is never a problem as air (primarily oxygen is light) is forced out by the emerging (heavier) co2, the fact that there is a change in gravity lets you know that it's fermenting.

With regards to the low og.
Thoughts - grape concentrate is syrupy. Adding water and giving a stir does not guarantee uniform distribution. As it's a commercial kit you can bet the quality control is fairly good. So likely that the sugars where there just not showing up. Remember reading - where I do not know, that should take og repeat 5 mins later. If the same take as read, if different repeat 5 mins later until achieve 2 consecutive same readings.

Thanks Guys have been told by Baliihoo to give it to the 22nd of this mth then take a other reading if it is still trouble they will replace Pus can someone tell what Gravity reading should have for my red/grape juice WOw before stopping the fermentation and bottling I do like a dry wine it reads 1004

Back