Hello from Scotland

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

110ben

Reaction score
Warning bit of a rambling post
Well the time has come to say hello after lurking around here for a while and stealing some great ideas. My biggest problem living in Scotland was how to keep wine warm during fermentation. A big thank you to the guys who use a fv in a builders trug and an aquarium heater. That is now my method of choice and i have also invested in a little submersible pump for the trug to help keep an even temperature. Also a big thank you for the coat hanger degassing thing.
I dont drink beer so wine is my drink of choice and me and my other half drink a lot. I am by no means a connoisseur more your �£5 a bottle from a supermarket type and the main reason to make my own is financial. I have a Solomon Grundy platinum pinot grigio on the go at the moment to be followed by a vinclasse sauvignon blanc. Excited to see how they turn out.My plan is to try a number of 7 day kits to build up a stock and then see how we go.
Again many thanks for the helpful posts i have read..Ben

Welcome to the Forum Ben, what part of the Motherland are you from? :D

Thanks for the welcome. All though I am English i have lived in Carnwath near Lanark for the best part of 10 years.

Hi!
Keep an eye out for Winebuddy kits in Tesco - they are occasionally on sale. The wine they produce is very drinkable.
EDIT Just discovered that Tesco no longer stock Winebuddy kits.

Back