Better Brew, IPA

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bottled mine on Monday (3 days ago). I usually sample a few days after bottling to get the idea of what the beer is going to taste like. I batch primed with 140g of dextrose. The beer tastes very sweet, have others tasted the same from this beer or is the taste im getting just from the in-fermented sugar?

Hey Dave,

It took about a month for the residual sweetness to disappear, and I used less dextrose (see my earlier posts). So yours may take longer (and will be more fizzy). Just leave it for a while (and 3 days is very soon to sample, I never had a beer carbonating that quickly).

Cheers,

Just put this on last wek (Wednesday) & used 1KG Muntons beer enhancer (500g spraymalt+500g sugar).
Must say its been bubbling quite nicely with a massive foam on top.
Gave it a stir after a day & the foam just got bigger.
Been bubbling nicely all week, while sitting in my loft on a heat pad rigged up to a timer - 1hr on & 1hr off.
This is only my 5th brew, but after the posts on this tread, I've got good hopes for this beer.

Will keep you guy's posted.

Brewing - Betterbrew IPA
Drinking - American Amber Ale, Tarweiber Wheat Beer & my own Ginger/Chilli beer (nicknamed 'fire-stick')

Back