Brewnight: Strawberry and Lime TC

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B9214IswqPyMbXFGR0RwZGVsd2s

19L of apple juice (that has around 11g of sugar per 100ml

1L strong tea

Top up with tap to 25L

5tsp pectolase dissolved in warm water

Cider yeast

300g sugar for priming after fermented out (dissolve in a pint of your finished cider, Warmed up

Bottle ������

Boom

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk
How much cider yeast do i add to this Roddy please?

A sachet (5-9g depending on brand) usually does 25L matey

I use a cider yeast with sweetener I get from ebay (takes the edge off the dryness), but have also used the Youngs, Mangrove Jacks and Gervin cider yeasts, which are fine too

I use a cider yeast with sweetener I get from ebay (takes the edge off the dryness), but have also used the Youngs, Mangrove Jacks and Gervin cider yeasts, which are fine too

I've just bought youngs yeast couldn't find the one with sweetner but never mind aye.😁😁

Looks amazing Roddy [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

Glad you got a result out of it lowicz seems to be the way to go with this one because the strawberries in a tin was rank rotten I'll be giving this one a bash as soon as I get home from work [emoji106] just a DJ tho

Hey summer fruit hooch sounds good mate. Any chance of recipe 😀😀😀

Hey summer fruit hooch sounds good mate. Any chance of recipe 😀😀😀
When I come up with one you'll be the first (well second) to know 😃

Just a quick one Roddy, do i need to put yeast nutrient in with this turbo cider recipe?

I never use nutrient, doesn't need it, bung it in if you like though mate, won't do any harm

hi all
up date on my brew.sg 1.070.at mo its bubbling away like a steam train at 1.012.if I batch prime 21ltrs how much syrup?

What's the sugar content of the syrup again ?

And how fizzy do you like it ?

I never use nutrient, doesn't need it, bung it in if you like though mate, won't do any harm

Thanks Roddy . That fruity peach punch sounds nice you've got next up .☺

Hi Roddy when you say to batch prime with 300g of sugar could I just prime individual bottle because I've never batch primed?

you sure can matey...

I've not done it this way before, cos it would be a pain in the a*$% to do it for 40 odd bottles, which is my usual batch.

Reading up on it, it looks like a heaped tsp of sugar is about 4.2g apparently, which wouldn't be enough for me, as I like it pretty fizzy.

An easier (less messy) option might be to use carb drops, which you can plop into the bottle when bottling, I used these for a couple of my early brews before I got the hang of batch priming. I would use two of those per 500ml bottle for a decent fizz.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/coopers-carbonation-drops/213-3925.prd

you sure can matey...

I've not done it this way before, cos it would be a pain in the a*$% to do it for 40 odd bottles, which is my usual batch.

Reading up on it, it looks like a heaped tsp of sugar is about 4.2g apparently, which wouldn't be enough for me, as I like it pretty fizzy.

An easier (less messy) option might be to use carb drops, which you can plop into the bottle when bottling, I used these for a couple of my early brews before I got the hang of batch priming. I would use two of those per 500ml bottle for a decent fizz.

http://www.tesco.com/direct/coopers-carbonation-drops/213-3925.prd

Cheers I've primed per bottle before but never batch primed thought you had to batch prime with the recipe you gave me lol.

No sweat..yeh you can prime any way you like for any recipe really 😀

No sweat..yeh you can prime any way you like for any recipe really 😀

Thanks Roddy I think I'll have go at batch prime being it seems lot easier than individual bottles.

Was it the spreadsheet? I can't remember

You taking about the whole thing or just priming?

Was it the spreadsheet? I can't remember

You taking about the whole thing or just priming?

Sorry mate yes the both please. I'm still learning see and I'm getting really good advice off you at the moment fair play.😀😀😀

Back