Brewnight: WGJ/Strawberry WOW

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
Howdy folks

Having made a couple of the Strawberry varieties of wow, I fancied one with white grape juice this time (I usually use red grape). Hopefully the trip to Waitrose will be worth it 😀

The what:
6L Waitrose pressed white grape
6L Waitrose apple
3 x 440ml Lowicz Strawberry
1L strong tetley (5 bag stewed for 10 mins)
5tsp pectolase dissolved in 1/2 cup of warm water
3kg tate & lyle granulated sugar
4tsp youngs super wine yeast compound

The how:
2L juice into clean, sanitised FV
Sugar in
Kettleful of boiling water in
Swirl/stir until sugar dissolved
Rest of juice in
Lowicz in
Tea in
Top up with cold tap water to 25L

Temp 22deg
Sg 1.092
Est abv at 0.990 = 13.3%

Chuck in cupboard... lovely 😀

https://1drv.ms/x/s!AqD9OOcGhwessB7wNe-lC7mY8qfe

814d9dd78ffb33b8c4d64c48356e9f56.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've done a WGJ and AJ only which is really nice - the Strawberry addition is an interesting twist mate - may have to do this one if the results are good [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I've done a WGJ and AJ only which is really nice - the Strawberry addition is an interesting twist mate - may have to do this one if the results are good [emoji106]

WGJ and AJ was my first WOW and I was really impressed with it. The addition of the strawberry sounds good for a chilled summertime tipple. Might be nice sparkling even?

Bugger.... has two lots of finings in this one and it's still cloudy.... weird 😕

I had this problem the other day i forgot to write down when i put the DJ's on and think i took them off too early, i degassed and stabilised then topped up with AJ and think they carried on fermenting a little and the next day they were not clearing.

Hmm I didn't take a final SG reading actually, just assumed it was done.... och

It was stabilised though, surely that would have stopped any yeast action ?

Looking good, i have just finished two DJ's of RGJ & Apple ready for bottling tomorrow night, i also have a WineBuddy 30 bottle on the go which will be finished soon i love the ease of making the WineBuddy kits but hate bottling 30 bottles at a time.

Looking good, i have just finished two DJ's of RGJ & Apple ready for bottling tomorrow night, i also have a WineBuddy 30 bottle on the go which will be finished soon i love the ease of making the WineBuddy kits but hate bottling 30 bottles at a time.

Bottling I've realised is the easy bit now with the right equipment . Arduous bit is the cleansing of bottles !!

Incidentally, it tastes almost the same as the same recipe but with red grape... so not worth the trip to waitrose in this case 😊

Tasting nice though !

Incidentally, it tastes almost the same as the same recipe but with red grape... so not worth the trip to waitrose in this case [emoji4]

Tasting nice though !

So cheaper to stick with original ?

Bottling I've realised is the easy bit now with the right equipment . Arduous bit is the cleansing of bottles !!

I have an extended syphon tube, bucket clip and a little bottler, because of these items bottling has become much less of a chore than when i started out but i still find it the most boring part of the process i especially hate sterilising the bottles.

I have an extended syphon tube, bucket clip and a little bottler, because of these items bottling has become much less of a chore than when i started out but i still find it the most boring part of the process i especially hate sterilising the bottles.

The latter is my hate !! Give me a gadget that cleans 10-20 bottles at any one time and I'm in !!

Latest posts

Back