Labels?

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sunners1

Reaction score
Just wondered if anybody else is bothered, I have bought into making my bottles look a bit professional by adding labels! I haven't mastered taste at all but I consider myself a bit of a whizz and have gone all for it! My mates love them and think they're hilarious as it states "brewed in my garage" and "don't blame me if you're sick" as well as a barcode!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like labelling my bottles, and as I only have 5-6 per batch (whatever won't fit in a corny) its quick & easy.
I find non-HBers are less sceptical of a well presented bottle :lol:

I find non-HBers are less sceptical of a well presented bottle :lol:

Exactly this. I find I get more favourable reviews!

IMG_20170221_130444_469.jpg

IMG_20170212_160910.jpg

Totally agree Dan125, as stated my mates love them!

Brazilian what program do you use? They look very professional

Exactly this. I find I get more favourable reviews!

Yeah I'm sure there's some truth in the old saying about eating/drinking with your eyes before your mouth - shame my beers are so hazy when poured out of the smartish looking bottles :lol: - they're not as pro as yours though. I'll try and post a pi clater.

Totally agree Dan125, as stated my mates love them!

Brazilian what program do you use? They look very professional

I just knock them up in Adobe Photoshop. I used to do a bit of web design and it's nice to keep a hand in with the design side of it which is the bit I really enjoyed. :thumb:

So the moral of the story is to avoid labels if you don't want your mates to drink you dry...? :wink:

Ha.. yes but its good to get their feedback, and the ones I don't swap with HBers on the forum I tend to give away quite selectively as there aren't many to go around. Most of the beer is kegged, so they've bloody well got to come & visit if they want to drink me dry :)

Here's my latest two efforts:

Here's my first bottle! My next is a ginger ale called Florida Red (a ginger wolf) story behind the name is our old 5 a-side team was called Wolfpack and that was our team logo hahaha
43fc184c138cbb12291dbfd5af714373.jpg

Ha.. yes but its good to get their feedback .... so they've bloody well got to come & visit if they want to drink me dry :)

Here's my latest two efforts:

Terrific labels, Dan. Thanks. I'll be down next week! :whistle:
Is that Chas and Dave treading grapes...? :lol:

Nah, way,waay too much messing about. I just write a code letter on the recipe sheet then write it on the crown caps so I know what I'm suppin'.

b2721cab5e196ab341943a3cf1919948.jpg

My turbo ginger bottled today but I did the labels a bit too big, gonna have a blast on photoshop now hahaha

Back