the best you made

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My single hop Black IPA is my best so far, its so good that I'm limiting myself to 2 a week! I plan on brewing another batch soon too though. It was also my first recipe designed by me, so that makes it extra special.

My risky business was good (still no brewdog feedback - PAH!) But i think my quickly saisoned has now edged it. - I opened what I thought was a bottle of king kong (black beer) to be confronted with a light gold beer. tasting it confirmed it was the quickly saisoned so at eight months old it's an absolute belter. Shame I don't have any more left :-( plus I didn't fully write down the recipe :doh:

so a saison is my next brew if I can keep the temps up!

Last edited:
My risky business was good (still no brewdog feedback - PAH!) But i think my quickly saisoned has now edged it. - I opened what I thought was a bottle of king kong (black beer) to be confronted with a light gold beer. tasting it confirmed it was the quickly saisoned so at eight months old it's an absolute belter. Shame I don't have any more left :-( plus I didn't fully write down the recipe :doh:

so a saison is my next brew if I can keep the temps up!

What temperature did you ferment it at?
I have a saison grain kit here I had made up which is my next brew.

Dennis King's Galaxy delight. Not only is it the best I have made I would also put it in my top 3 beers I have ever drank. The Maltmiller sells it as an all grain kit.

Back