hi all its pistanbroke here a newbie,

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pistanbroke

Reaction score
could i be a bit forward here and ask for your help? well im new to brewing, and have tried an alcotec vodka kit, for the first time, well did exactly what was asked and i have taken a hydrometer reading at the required time, and it is stuck on 900 the booklet states it should reach 980 plus, so should i leave it or stir it or? its already a week over due now, temperature appeared fineand consistent throughout fermentation,:doh:

Welcome to the forum. I am.afraid I dont brew those so I cant comment much. I will say that if they are same as the beer kits then the instructions are usually naff and overly optimistic. I rarely get the required gravity as stated in the beer kit instructions

Welcome to the Forum. :thumb:

THIS IS A STAB IN THE DARK SO BE WARNED!

I'm not familiar with the kit you mentioned but a fermenting liquid should have a falling Specific Gravity as a relatively high SG sugar/water solution is converted into a relatively low SG alcohol/water solution.

USING NORMAL SG READINGS, an SG of 0.900 indicates that the SG has fallen well below an SG of 0.980 so IF I AM READING THINGS PROPERLY the fermentation is completed.

Hope this helps. :thumb:

I appreciate your help to those that have replied. Would you say that it is now safe to go to the next steps. before actually bottling. Or would you leave another week? Regards keith

As Dutto says 900 is lower than 980 so the yeast has fermented well, if it were me, and I've never made what you're making, I'd move on.

Latest posts

Back