Has anyone got a Sharps Wolf Rock Clone recipe

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gomas

Reaction score
Google hasn't thrown up much, just wondering if there are any recipes out there, or if anyone has given it a whirl?

Apart from Doombar, their doesnt seem to be much stuff on Sharps beers. There a forumite who's been trying to make Sharps Sea Fury but I dont thinks he's had a huge amount of luck.

They dont even say what hops they use, just noble and new world hops
The only bit of advice I can give you is if you want to get hold of the Sharps yeast strain; From our bottle conditioned beer list http://www.thehomebrewforum.co.uk/showthread.php?t=58007

"Sharps (some, perhaps the only way to obtain historic Morrells strain. Sharp's 6 vintage blend available at whole foods market http://www.wholefoodsmarket.com/stores/list/uk) "

I had a bottle of this the other week and the hops tasted like onion, it was really odd.

Only tried it bottled but I find it on par with Green King ipa...dreadful! It does have a strange taste...it would be worth knowing what's in it so you can avoid when buying new stuff to try..each to their own..

Cheers

Clint

Only tried it bottled but I find it on par with Green King ipa...dreadful! It does have a strange taste...it would be worth knowing what's in it so you can avoid when buying new stuff to try..each to their own..

Cheers

Clint

Its not as bad as green king. I find wolf rock quite refreshing, slightly too malty, needs a kick up the bum though with more hoppy punch to it

Cheers

Clint

I've never tried it myself. Perhaps that's why there's not much about it on the forums?

It is great on tap. I'll look into sharps bottle conditioned beers and use that as a starting point.

Yes, this one's excellent on tap - a completely different beer to the nondescript bottled version from supermarkets.

depends where you get it on tap tbf (as per any beer obvs) - as I've had a **** pint of it in a hotel bar darn sarf last year

Yeh the Rock is a reference to the place sharps beers originate from, across the estuary from padstow

Have to say ive never tasted onion in it! Maybe they changed the recipe?

I agree it's very good on tap, bottles are rubbish tho.

I took a picture of a wolf rock glass that has the ingredients on a while ago, I'll see if I can find it.

Oh hang on, a mate has a glass as well - that might be the same then. It's a beer that lets the malty / alcoholic character come through more than hops, so won't be for everyone. It's also dangerous after a few pints :-?

The onion is the same sort of taste I get in that God awful hop house 13 turd.

I've heard a few people saying one year's batch of citra tasted of onions. Must be **** hops.

Back