Keggle Vs stock pot

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Whammybar

Reaction score
Hi,

Is the any benefit to getting a keggle over a stockpot or visa versa? (For an electric brew kettle)

Or are they both essentially just metal containers

Thanks

If you want to do BIAB in the future, go with a stock pot. Its difficult to remove the bag from a keggle. If the opening of the keggle is not sanded well you also risk cutting yourself.

Also, a stockpot normally comes with a lid and a keggles does not.

Keggle may be cheaper tough.

When I looked into it the keggle was about £50 obtained legally but then you had to convert it, you can buy them already done but there about £140. I ended up getting a better quality pot from brewbuilder, I got there Premium pot as the high ends were out of stock and i'm using it on gas but do intend to make it a electric once my garage is hooked up :)

kegs have the 'ghetto' appeal but pose practical problems a thin skinned stock pot doesn't. the kegs are much harder to drill and the curve is harder to flatten for a good seal, stockpots can be drilled and sealed with common tools needing perhaps only a qmax punch to make the holes.

Latest posts

Back