Not having a good week....

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Roddy

Landlord.
Reaction score
So..

Poured away 1/2 dozen bottles of easy rose with summer fruits that I'd made with the now cursed roiboos tea...grrr

Had a sample of some mead I made last September (just a 5L batch)

I wasn't convinved so asked the missus/daughter what they thought

Missus: tastes like poison
Daughter (11): smells like a cleaning spray

Think this lot is going down the sink too !

Bugger !

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

Woah there....hold on with the mead, it sounds young. I heared a general rule with mead, is it should be aged for 6months then another month for every 1% abv.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

I am lucky and have only ever poured a ribena wine that didn't finish fermenting down the drain, i play it fairly safe with what i make i would hate to pour it away even at fifty pence a bottle.

Woah there....hold on with the mead, it sounds young. I heared a general rule with mead, is it should be aged for 6months then another month for every 1% abv.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

This. I did my mead last July and I'm not even thinking about tasting it until at least a year.

OK guys, the poison.. ahem Mead lives for another day (year) 😀

Have to say I think one of the best lessons to learn with this game is accepting when you have actually produced sometimg that REALLY is not that good. Convinced my own palatte is sometimes tainted by the fact that I am the mother of that particular baby and that is not always a good thing. :)

Have to say I think one of the best lessons to learn with this game is accepting when you have actually produced sometimg that REALLY is not that good. Convinced my own palatte is sometimes tainted by the fact that I am the mother of that particular baby and that is not always a good thing. :)

I kinda understand, but leaving stuff for a while is also good. If after 6 months it's getting worse - bin it. If getting better - keep it!

Of course ignoring the arrival of licorice around month 6 to 9 in the darker beers phase! (well I'm not a fan of licorice) - if you are that's when you'll be drinking yours!

So..

Poured away 1/2 dozen bottles of easy rose with summer fruits that I'd made with the now cursed roiboos tea...grrr

Had a sample of some mead I made last September (just a 5L batch)

I wasn't convinved so asked the missus/daughter what they thought

Missus: tastes like poison
Daughter (11): smells like a cleaning spray

Think this lot is going down the sink too !

Bugger !

mateeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!! WTF gannin on!
not a good week pal,
i have a drink for u pal.
bri

Bad luck there hombre, I've got a batch of rhubarb wine that was tasting well different at bottling so I'm thinking that might end up the same way as yours, good job I've got a few more batches of rhubarb stashed/**\

Back