25-30l brew buckets (FV)

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pvt_ak

Budding Brewer !
Reaction score
I'm looking for a decent FV - one that fits in the under counter brew fridge !

So many out there - I want a bucket type one that seals airtight !

Who uses what ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The youngs ones fit my fridge just about but I don't stand it on a shelf as using heat mats so don't need space underneath for a tube heater. Good quality and airtight but holds max 25l. A wheat beer would blow the airlock out though and top cropping yeast is difficult due to the thinner top. A blow off tube would save some height.

Depends what size your under counter brew fridge is 😉

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

I've got space for about 48cm height allowing for airlock. I like the look of the Coopers ones - they don't have an airlock and are clear.

fc3a5d87a9d9c4bfa0062e8f88575dd2.jpg

Got myself one of these off eBay today for a £5.
Bargain - everything seen apart from the lager kit.

[emoji106]

I've got a variation of one of those, my fave FV 😊

I've got a variation of one of those, my fave FV [emoji4]

Sturdy isn't it ? Went to pick it up earlier.
Currently sterilising - will try it out when the all my conditioning bottles of Apple cider come out the fridge this week [emoji106]

Aye, tap is handy too, although I only use the tap now for taking a sample to measure gravity with, use siphon tube for racking etc..

Have to add, having filtered and bottled 8 gals variety today, I did use the Balliihoo 25 l bin with tap and bottler at a certain stage.

Note- would not use the bin again - it is ok until you get down to the tap which is set too high for ease of use. Lots of tipping etc to get the bottler to work at the end. Will , and did later, go back to tried and tested pipe down the hole and tip at the end method. :)

tip n wedge is the secret to tap draining a fv, glossy magazines make good wedge material as you can slip extra's into the pile easily to gently increase the angle.

i use taps with hozelock male spouts then when used with 1/2" pvc tube a hozelock adaptor enables easy quick connection of the drain hose. when draining into a keg or a bottling bucket off the sediment the extra sized hose facilitates a rapid drain so that the gentle tip to drain can be accomplished free handed without any wedges.. its just CRUCIAL that you keep the tap mouth submerged at all times.

the taps are mounted 3-4" high up the wall in order to allow trub and sediment from the 'dirtiest' of brews to fall out and sit below the drain point.

Back