confused with the ferm fridge&inkbird not cooling properly

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
hi guys,
maybe i should of kept this on my other thread!
the prob i can see...i hope you can understand what trying to say.
got the 308 inkbird with the heat from a small heater....fridge into the cool.
i thought that the fridge isnt working, so try to cool it via fridge socket on my wall socket.
waited and came back, with the fridge still running and in conjunction with the frozen water barrels the temp was 7.4C.
the heater is working great.
but when i use the fridge socket via inkbird it does nowt!!!
is it something simple? the thermostat on the fridge need sorting
like i said the fridge isnt the best...and temperamental...it might be that!!!
ive tried to lower the temp on the IB in a few degrees every time....instead of setting for example 21C-10C straight away....
should start again..take the frozen ice out...wall socket n getting a temp reading of the fridge...
then take it from there.......
mind confusing is everywhere:doh:
hope you can help me.....i cant understand ive brewed before and the fridge worked great getting down to about 3C.....
thx u bri

if the fridge works on the wall socket as normal.. i would suspect a settings fault with the IB
double check them, make sure you 'set' it when finished otherwise it will revert back to your previous settings,
check your temp request and your °c tolerence.
if you have set it to 15°c but allow 10°c either side the fridge wont kick in,

if the fridge works on the wall socket as normal.. i would suspect a settings fault with the IB
double check them, make sure you 'set' it when finished otherwise it will revert back to your previous settings,
check your temp request and your °c tolerence.
if you have set it to 15°c but allow 10°c either side the fridge wont kick in,

ive bought another 308....n looking at the setting once i get it.
the other work perfect with the small fridge.
in the mean time, just manage.:thumb:

Hi!
My Inkbird STC-1000 has developed the same "fault". The fridge works perfectly on its own but won't cool when plugged into the Inkbird. I've checked the settings and there's no reason for the lack of cooling.
I have a spare - I'll try that when I find the time to swap it out.

Two things about fridges that may help:

1. Rapidly cycling the compressor will break it. Therefore fridges have an in-built 'rest' period after they last switched off when they will not switch back on regardless of temperature. It looks like they're not working but they are, you just have to wait for the rest period to expire.

2. They usually don't work below a certain ambient temperature. You need to check the specs to see what that is.

The STC 1000 has a couple of features that can affect the operation of the fridge; and they are both put there deliberately!

I will now use the immortal words that kept me gainfully employed for nearly 40 years in the Oil & Gas Industry ...

"If all else fails, read the Manual."
:grin: :grin: :grin: :grin:​

Reading the manual is sound advice....a few years ago I had some wooden bunk beds to put up...I started unpacking on an evening with a view to assembling the next morning. My father in law,who means we'll, got wind and turned up on the evening. ...with a saw! I made excuses about not starting and that he should come round about 9 the next day to help....I was up "very early" and had it all done by 8:30 on my own! When he turned up i said it was a doddle and only took half an hour...he definitely doesn't use the manual and would have definitely sawn something. ..

Cheers

Clint

the first ink bird i bought was faulty. the heating plug wouldn't work, and even shorted out knocking the trip switch.
It might be the case that its the ink bird which is faulty. I contacted them and they were incredibly helpful and dispatched a new unit immediately. They didn't even want the old one back.

Thx guys,
Seems the same as Colin's...& the fridge doing its cut off.
At the mo til I get another inkbird I'll just do the frozen water barrels.
At least the 306-T can put on the heater when it gets too cold.
Like I said it worked before then the old went bang! (Inkbird) it was the cool socket....
The homemade chamber for all I still to get more frozen bottles in and insulation it's from room temp (19.5c) to 14.1c...then I can get the temp down under 12-15c for the Doppelbock and use the heat plate.
Replen the bottles accordingly..
Getting another fridge might be an option haha!! Might get it in the man cave..:doh:
Mind it means there's a dedicated corni keg set up.

Back