Wine buddy 30 bottle Sauvignon Blanc + Young's Elderflower

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Am seeking some advice please. Made the kit courtesy of the Tesco sale. Ferment ran for 10 days but life got in the way. So yesterday afternoon got the chance to rack and degas using my work cordless drill and wand.
Reverse the direction and a pile of muck (probably tantalised timber and dirt) flew out and into the wine.
Air blue.
Added 5 Crushed Camden tablets and filtered the wine in the hope of saving it. Wouldn't mind as it tasted quite reasonable and was doing the kit as a birthday pressy for someone else.
Any thoughts? Is all lost, any possible interventions or do i have to bite the bullet and start again?
Cheers

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Any thoughts? Is all lost, any possible interventions or do i have to bite the bullet and start again?

I wouldn't write it off yet carry on and see what happens once bottled for a few days ( i drink mine when new and its fine so you will know pretty much as soon as its bottled if its ruined)

Cheers Chippy,
Have put the 3 finnings packs through. Shall bottle later tonight.
I'm not a white wine person, they're all vinegar to me. Shall have to enlist testers :)

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Happy and relieved to report all is well with the wine.
Another 'learning experience'. At least know now that it's not just a question of wiping the drill over with Sanitiser but running it forwards and reverse before it sees the wine bucket.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back