Grumpy Barstewards Corner.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
A thread where you can have a good rant about anything.

(please keep it within the forum rules)

My Parking rant.

I live on a terraces street where there is a shortage of parking places some ignorant people seem to think they have a god given right to park outside their house even if it means they take up two parking spaces by parking in the middles of a big gap. :nono:

JUST DONT GET ME STARTED ON ANY SUBJECT AT ALL.

Im supposed to be on holiday for 4 days, starting today.
08.10 phone rings "can you come in because.........TOTALLY INCOMPETENT CO-WORKERS.
So, I get home and there is a skip outside my house (not blocking me in or anything) I have a look inside and there is 6 perfectly good water butts in it. I said to Josie (the neighbour) why have you paid for a skip when I can use them or know people who can use them?
"I didnt want to ask you to take them to the tip, because youve done enough for me already" Her husband died 18 months ago and we were very good friends.
3 phone calls later and they have all been taken. I phoned the skip hire company and explained the situation and they typically said "Its been delivered now, you have to pay for it"

Copied from the 'Mothers Day' thread

I was reading the sunday papers and came across some unholy heresy probably dreamed up by the supermarkets to extract more dosh from us hapless consumers - Easter Crackers! WTF!!! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ackers-sunday/

As if we havent got enough useless tat in our lives to deal with. Someone has decided to conflate two festivals and come up with this $hite. What next, a Guy Fawkes birthday cake?
icon_rolleyes.gif

JUST DONT GET ME STARTED ON ANY SUBJECT AT ALL.

3 phone calls later and they have all been taken. I phoned the skip hire company and explained the situation and they typically said "Its been delivered now, you have to pay for it"

Knock on a few neighbours doors and explain what happened and ask if they have anything they need to get rid of, ask for a small donation that will help pay for the skip.

BINMEN....SAVE YOURSELF SOME ENERGY BY LEAVING MY EMPTY BINS WHERE YOU COLLECTED THEM FROM, NOT HALFWAY DOWN THE ROAD (THE SAME POSTCODE WOULD BE A BENEFIT) and take those ridiculous sunglasses off, its March, overcast, and cold

I was reading the sunday papers and came across some unholy heresy probably dreamed up by the supermarkets to extract more dosh from us hapless consumers - Easter Crackers! WTF!!! http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017...ackers-sunday/

As if we havent got enough useless tat in our lives to deal with. Someone has decided to conflate two festivals and come up with this $hite. What next, a Guy Fawkes birthday cake?
icon_rolleyes.gif

If i had my way we wouldn't buy Christmas cards, bah humbug.

icon_rolleyes.gif

This is a pathetic post...Easter crackers are a essential part of celebrating the death of a fictional Jew. I for one cant wait until I can pull my Easter cracker, it is the highlight of my year, along with getting my foreskin caught in my trouser zip.

Solihull Metropolitan County Council (Street Lighting Division).
A few weeks ago i reported a streetlight that was not working outside my house. Last week i recieved a e-mail stating... "the streetlight has now been fixed, we did this in 5 days when the national average is 10 days".
****ing marvelous it now comes on at 08.00 and goes off at 20.00.
YOU ONLY HAD ONE JOB.

BINMEN....SAVE YOURSELF SOME ENERGY BY LEAVING MY EMPTY BINS WHERE YOU COLLECTED THEM FROM, NOT HALFWAY DOWN THE ROAD (THE SAME POSTCODE WOULD BE A BENEFIT) and take those ridiculous sunglasses off, its March, overcast, and cold

I can up this...when I take ours out, I put it on the pavement out of the way of the driveway.

Every time I come home, the bins are left in the middle of the driveway so I have to get out my car with it overhanging onto the road and move the bins. How stupid do you have to be to leave a bin in the middle of a driveway!?

A thread where you can have a good rant about anything.

(please keep it within the forum rules)

My Parking rant.

I live on a terraces street where there is a shortage of parking places some ignorant people seem to think they have a god given right to park outside their house even if it means they take up two parking spaces by parking in the middles of a big gap. :nono:

Don't get me started on this one, we have people near us that have 4-5 cars and a care home with limited parking nearby. A few years a go we had lines painted across the driveway extending about a foot wider. You would be amazed at how many people park not in the gap but about a foot over the line.This makes it almost impossible to reverse out as I have to reverse right across the middle of a very busy road in two lanes of traffic.

I now practice defensive parking so I AM the one who parks in the middle of the two parking spaces and defy anyone to park over my line. Still allows the neighbour room to park if the ir car overhangs their on driveway.

Local council have been supportive by saying if I take a photo of offenders they can actually fine them so I have left a couple of notes on windscreens to this effect but not actually sent the photos. It's the selfish people who park right over the line and deny access to my drive that I HATE!

(Told you I would make a good leader of this corner and here is proof positive!).

I realise this must be frustrating buy have to put the record straight (and believe me i know what i am talking about)

Every round has a set number of bins to collect (and also the wagon has to tip at the recycling centre daily which in our case is in the next town) as the council has to make savings every year the rounds are constantly monitored and changed to try to get the most from each round, if the bin men/women took all the bins back to the place they were removed (not all bins and back doors are numbered) they would not complete each round as the times given do not include returning bins to the door.

The sunglasses are actually safety glasses and they have to be worn they come in ether clear or coloured plastic

I can up this...when I take ours out, I put it on the pavement out of the way of the driveway.

Every time I come home, the bins are left in the middle of the driveway so I have to get out my car with it overhanging onto the road and move the bins. How stupid do you have to be to leave a bin in the middle of a driveway!?

You are happy for the pavement to be blocked by your bin for several hours forcing people with push chairs and the disabled to negotiate their way round it because it is an inconvenience when you arrive home.

You are happy for the pavement to be blocked by your bin for several hours forcing people with push chairs and the disabled to negotiate their way round it because it is an inconvenience when you arrive home.

You assume far too much.
1. The pavement is wide enough for bins, push chairs and wheelchairs to live in harmony*, helped by the fact our bins are narrow. *Unlike the people who park their cars on the pavement, taking up the whole of the walkway.
2. The bin men still leave the bin on the pavement, they just leave it in a position where it blocks my driveway...therefore if the bin did inconvenience pushchairs and wheelchairs alike, the bin men would be just as guilty as me...
3. The majority of the houses on my street do not have a driveway. The tone of your comment suggests that I shouldn't put the bin on the pavement. Where do you suggest the bins go, especially for those houses without a driveway?
4. Not only is it an inconvenience to me, which can easily be avoided...it causes a hazard by me having my car overhanging from the pavement onto the road.

icon_rolleyes.gif

That would explain why you never sent me back a happy pancake day card and balloon

Back