Muntons Smugglers Ale and Others

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoot

Reaction score
Done this kit a couple of months ago as it was a Xmas present. 2 weeks in fv, been in bottle ever since and it's very tasty. Up there with the Gold IPA. Definitely worth a brew if you're thinking about it.

Coopers Boot maker Ale. Brewed 3 weeks in fv as it was a lively little fella.. Brewed with 500g of light and 500g of sugar. Been bottled For 2 weeks and still not cleared.

Coopers aussie lager, always a favourite so brewed with a kilo of light instead of sugar.
1st few bottles where flat but one last night had a bit of life in it. A quick flick livens the bubbles.

I don't know why, but Smugglers hardly gets a mention on any of the homebrew forums and FB pages I'm on. Maybe because it's not a hoppy ale as per the current trend. But it's a cracking kit, one of the best out there in my experience.

Agree it does taste better than any other ale kits , with the Muntons IPA gold a close 2nd. Bottled my Festival Father Hooks so hoping on good things.

The Smugglers is Great easy to brew and even easier to drink , only trouble is my Wife loves it as well .

FYI...

Santa's Winter Warmer is Smugglers in disguise. (Just brewed slightly shorter).
So, if you find a cheap Xmas kit in these dark January days, you're on to a winner!

FYI...

Santa's Winter Warmer is Smugglers in disguise. (Just brewed slightly shorter).
So, if you find a cheap Xmas kit in these dark January days, you're on to a winner!
I live in Southern Spain and sadly its a HOME BREW desert lol so the choices are few and the deals are none existent.

Latest posts

Back