Grainfather brew #4

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pawlo7671

Regular.
Reaction score
A keep it simple brew

4.25Kg pilsner malt 60 minute mash @ 66c
17g Apollo 60 min
40g Saaz 1 min

Crossmyloof California common yeast

It was supposed to be a 20l batch, i must have over done the sparge as its come to just over 22l, still according to beer smith i should get around 4.4%

At less than 17 pence per pint i'm a happy bunny

Yeah I know. Cost me £750.00 but came with free sparge heater. Still expensive tho :cry:
I keep telling my self that its saving me at least £30.00 per brew if I was too buy my beer from the super market, with that in mind it wont take long before its paid for its self.

Yeah I know. Cost me �£750.00 but came with free sparge heater. Still expensive tho :cry:
I keep telling my self that its saving me at least �£30.00 per brew if I was too buy my beer from the super market, with that in mind it wont take long before its paid for its self.

I rationalised by thinking that if it cost £750, and you use it to make 100 brews, then it is £7.50 a pop or ~ 20p a pint.

It sort of pays for itself vs kit brewing and it makes better beer.

Reality is that it is still my new toy after 29 brews in just over a year. Can't wait until Saturday and a sort of Dortmunder Export tribute. Strisselspalt hops and the ever reliable US 05.

You can't take your money with you when you shuffle off this mortal coil. Enjoy your grainfather!

I think my grainfather is the cats swingers. Certainly wouldn't trade it in for any other of the cheaper offerings.

I'm telling myself what I paid for the Grainfather is the cost off my hobby and the ingredients are the cost of the beer.
Well it works for me, I'm not sure SWMBO is quite so convinced though :lol:

Latest posts

Back