London attack.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chippy_Tea

Administrator.
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
Summary

A police officer has been stabbed in the Houses of Parliament in central London

One woman has died and several others are critically injured after a car hit people on Westminster Bridge

The alleged assailant was shot by armed police

Metropolitan Police say they are treating it as a terrorist incident and buildings are in lock-down.

Live - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/live/uk-39355505

dreadful, came home from shopping turned on the laptop to find this on bbc news.
My thoughts and i'm sure the thoughts of all on the forum are with the victims and all affected by this attack.

what the hell is wrong with this world:-(

Like all here I am sure our thoughts go to thevictims and their families.

I nearly swore at the radio when the headline spouted that the prime minister was however safe, but I had the kids in the car.

Glad to see the woman that ended up in the water and was presumed dead by witnesses earlier is in fact alive.

I had a horrible feeling it was not going to end at two when eyewitnesses described the injuries on the bridge earlier.

Four people, including a police officer and a man believed to be the attacker, have died in a terrorist incident near the UK's Houses of Parliament, Scotland Yard has said.

A woman was among several pedestrians struck by a car on Westminster bridge, before it crashed into railings.

An officer was stabbed in the Houses of Parliament by an attacker, who was shot by police.

At least 20 people were injured, including three other officers.

Prime Minister Theresa May is to chair a meeting of the government's emergency Cobra committee later.

I don'y know if anyone else noticed but I switched to the parliament channel at about 3:30 and alhough they knew about the attack and some MPs asked for debating to stop the speaker decided to carry on. They would rather debate their own local interests than take note of an attack on their Sovereign parliament and colleagues down in Westminster. It took more that 1 hour before they adjourned the debate probably with Sturgeon in the background fuming!

Sometimes when people are dying some things are just a little bit more important than your own self interest!

I thought it strange they got the PM out and told all the others to get down on the floor, surely staying there would have been the safer option.

Mrs MQ was going over Westminster Bridge (past the HoP) on the bus about an hour before the attack

They'll probably discover it was a 'lone wolf' type attack by someone with mental health problems. Not much you can do about that kind of thing really

Mrs MQ was going over Westminster Bridge (past the HoP) on the bus about an hour before the attack

They'll probably discover it was a 'lone wolf' type attack by someone with mental health problems. Not much you can do about that kind of thing really

That's a real possibility. You can't box in ideas, and anyone can access them. Unfortunately that includes persuasive and malevolent dogma. Some people are especially vulnerable to those influences.

There's no way of beating this, other than by living our lives as best we can.

I tend to the view that huge global inequality and exploitation is at the heart of this. I don't think it is religious. I don't know if it can ever be resolved.

Yes they normally put it down to mental health issues, it must be a very common complaint within certain sections of European society.

What a surprise the attacker was known by police.
My condolences for the victims

My sympathies go out to the victims of this latest attack and yet again I wonder "How much more cowardly can these people get?"

In EVERY case the attacks are carried out by people who don't have the nerve to face anyone on equal terms.

I think that aspect stands above all others.

Regardless of the "reasons" they may give, at the end of the day the perpetrators are despicable cowards who only prey on the unarmed and unprepared.

what the hell is wrong with this world:-(

It's going to hell in a handbag but the UK is not blameless.

I recommend viewing the 1943 film "The Silver Fleet" and wonder what label the German's would have attached to the man played by Ralph Richardson.

In those days the UK had declared war on another country whereas today a "culture/religion/doctrine" has declared war on any other organisation that fails to agree with their beliefs.

They do not have an "army", can only fight ordinary people and have chosen to advance their cause in a cowardly manner by visiting violence on unarmed civilians.

I think that as a nation we have the responsibility to try and resolve the question
"Why is it happening?"
as much as finding the answer to
"What can we do about it?"

I would like to point out that I DO NOT IN ANY WAY
condone ANY terrorist act no matter when or where it occurred!
These acts are and always will be despicable.

My question is as i keep hearing "it wasn't a case of if it would happen but when" is why was the police officer guarding the gate not armed surely anyone guarding obvious targets should be armed.

Sad sad news.. just gets worse

A close friend of mine works in Birmingham counter terrorism.. He tells me there are sadly terrorists or links to it just about everywhere and a lot of people would be terrified if they knew what he knew..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back