Corny Keg Question

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jenivida

Reaction score
So I have my keg all setup and ready to rock (literally it seems when forcing carbonation).

Testing it with water first, my question is should I keep my keg constantly attached to the CO2 canister?

If so I will probably need to drill a hole in my fridge and I cant see the wife enjoying that :wink:

Cheers

Jenivida

I tend to carbonate by setting the regulator for 30 psi then open it a couple of times a day until the pressure stabilises at 20psi (usually about a week). I then leave for a few weeks to condition.
I do not like leaving it connected all the time in case there is a small leak and the bottle gets emptied.

Thanks for that. Sounds like a good plan to follow

I experimented with water put it to 30psi rolled it repeated a couple of times then set it to 15psi and left it in the fridge over night unconnected. seemed to be plenty fizzy in the morning.

Jenivida

I always chill to <6"C, then start at 30psi rolling it every time I pass normally three or four times in 24 hours and then it's good to go (or drink), can't be bothered with further conditioning, and to be honest with the amount of hops I use the sooner it's ready the better, don't want to lose the hoppy goodness...;-)

Back