Mods...dodgy posts?????

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting - they're selling my employer's certificates, and part of my job is tracking these people down and putting them out of business. I reckon there's enough info there to find them...

Thanks to all members who reported the spam austin1232 is now banned and his posts removed.

Could i ask members to use the report button under the spammers username (see below) to alert the mods as this flags it up in the mods area immediately, thanks.

hhhhhhh.jpg

Annoyed I missed this. Would have loved to have known what sh*te @austin1232 was trying to peddle. Or he was just being annoying.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Annoyed I missed this. Would have loved to have known what sh*te @austin1232 was trying to peddle. Or he was just being annoying.

Selling educational qualification certificates.

This was the first line, you can guess how the next 60 went :lol:

Hi friends

Get A second Chance In Life with New Identity protect your privacy, build new credit history, bypass criminal background checks,take back your freedom.

This was the first line, you can guess how the next 60 went :lol:

*smacks head.

I just don’t understand these people. Or anyone that responds to these things.

Saying that apparently a woman called Jill from CITI group has money to transfer into my bank account. And I should do It at once. All I have to do is just give her my bank details........

Anyone that runs an internet forum gets really familiar with these really quickly. A forum like this is going to have layers of defences against automated spambot registration and that's why you hardly ever see spam on a modern forum these days. Every now and then unfortunately one slips through and it's down to the vigilance of members that ensure it gets an IP ban.

As to the question of why 'these people' do it? The answer is they're not people, they're automated spambots that are coded to know how to register against all the common forum engines and they're playing the numbers game.

Saying that apparently a woman called Jill from CITI group has money to transfer into my bank account. And I should do It at once. All I have to do is just give her my bank details........

Apparently I've won the Spanish lottery and will receive 68 million... funnily enough, I don't remember buying a ticket, or even going to Spain....:whistle:

Anyone that runs an internet forum gets really familiar with these really quickly. A forum like this is going to have layers of defences against automated spambot registration and that's why you hardly ever see spam on a modern forum these days. Every now and then unfortunately one slips through and it's down to the vigilance of members that ensure it gets an IP ban.

As to the question of why 'these people' do it? The answer is they're not people, they're automated spambots that are coded to know how to register against all the common forum engines and they're playing the numbers game.

I manually allow or deny all new registrations and most spammers are fairly easy to spot (I won't go into detail) unfortunately the odd one gets through, thankfully members are quick to report them so their rubbish doesn't stay on the forum long.

I'm still sorry about deleting the best spam I ever received.
Subject:

"Paris liberated. Paparazi expected home by Christmas"

Latest posts

Back