Belgian Shops.

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tuizner

Janitor
Reaction score
Am off to Wuppertal near Dusseldorf this week and might drive.

Has anyone got any recommendations for beer or brew shops in Belgium? Will be travelling from Calais and can go the north, south or middle way through belgium but prefer to avoid brussels (the middle way) ...

I will stock up on kolsch when i am in cologne land but want some good (cheap) belgians too. Love the Steenberge gulden draak....

Which cities do you cross? Even small town supermarkets sometimes stock up nice on beers. Fwiw, Carrefour, Delhaize and/or Albert Heijn (AH) have the nicest assortments, but sometimes this also a little bit influenced by the owner/management of the local shops.
According to Google Maps, the fastest way is along Dunkirk, Brugge, Gent, Antwerp, through Holland, to Dusseldorf. So it depends on where you want to stop along the way, and how much time you would have. Stopping near Brugge or Gent takes some time, because you need to get off of the highway, and have to go the center, or almost to the center of the city. Around Gent, however, there is also the Ghelamco Arena, easily accessible from the highway, and there is a larte AH. Might just be easiest place for you to do your beer shopping.
Just outside of Eindhoven, there is 'De Bottel Dranken', which also seems to have a large assortment.

Thanks. Google i can use and already have a list from last year (but didnt get time to visit. ).

Was wondering if anyone had recommendations or actually been anywhere...

Have More time This time around.

Dusseldorf has some great bars in The Alt Stadt and naturally you can get the famous Altbier

Latest posts

Back