Today could be a brew day...

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

johnnyh

Regular.
Reaction score
I have grain and hops ready to make up 3 batches (a 6x clone, a citra based Pale Ale, and a 'chuck it together and see what happens' ale).

Now I do have to spend the day at home pulling together a set of accounts to get to the accountant tomorrow, so in turn he can save my bacon and submit them to the lovely folk at the revenue by the end of the month... so, what better way to break up the boredom???

:whistle: :hmm:

Don't risk it!

You'll look at the figures which will make you hit your bottles of stored up homebrew,which will in turn cause you to get slightly tippsy and make a mistake with the new brew. This will lead to you having more beer and make you incapable of err fixing your books to the required standard and leave you wide open for HMRC to investigate you and help themselves to everything you own. Your wife will then leave you and take your kids, leaving you to spiral into depression drinking your not very good brew that you messed up by drinking whist brewing and cooking your books in the first place......

Or it may just turn out fine :whistle:

warnie said:
Don't risk it!

You'll look at the figures which will make you hit your bottles of stored up homebrew,which will in turn cause you to get slightly tippsy and make a mistake with the new brew. This will lead to you having more beer and make you incapable of err fixing your books to the required standard and leave you wide open for HMRC to investigate you and help themselves to everything you own. Your wife will then leave you and take your kids, leaving you to spiral into depression drinking your not very good brew that you messed up by drinking whist brewing and cooking your books in the first place......

Or it may just turn out fine :whistle:

hahaha well it is looking decidely dodgy for more than one batch sue to a stack of invoices that I can't find! Aaaaaaargh!
All the figures in Quickbooks add up, just need to put the supporting papers with them and I am home and dry.. at least until the Accountant calls me in :shock:

Might have to pick one of the 3 to make and try and get it done, if so will go for the relatively straight forward Pale Ale with a shed load of Citra hops... Yummy! :drink:

well it never got off the ground, but at least the books got to the accountants...

sooooo.... given this is a bank holiday weekend I am 'working from home' today and am 20 mins boil away from completing batch 1, a Pale Ale with loads of Citra hops, primarily made from Maris Otter and Crystal 12.

reckon there is enough time left to get the second batch sorted before tea, so do I go for a 6x/London Pride type or an APA using some Willamette that arrived last week?
:wha:

Well batch 1, the citra PA is now in a no chill cube in the back garden, and the grain and hops are weighed out for a 6x/London Pride cross.

Nearly at strike temp in the garage, so time to clean the kitchen and restore order before the other half and kids get home!!! :whistle:

Latest posts

Back