500ML bottles for £1!

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Green King IPA is ok, although nothing special it still beats canned lager IMO.

But you probably won't want the clear bottles unless you are doing cider or have somewhere dark to store them, as UV light reacts with natural hop oils (rather than the processed hop extract some of the big brewers use) to produce an unpleasent smell. That's why a lot of smaller breweries (or rather those that use real hops) use amber bottles, as the dark amber colour filters out the UV light.

Interesting. I am storing my beer out of light inside a filing cabinet so I think I'm OK. Have bottled a few or my beers in clear bottles so I can see progress better

so it was a bad choice when i thought to "try one of them IPA's"?? ? Not drank another since :lol:

I often go for banks mild at tesco for the bottles, again £1 and gets you a bit squiffy after few.

I bought some Shepherd Neame ale at the weekend from Asda. I was wondering what to do with the bottles as they were clear but being able to see what's going is a great Idea :thumb: .

I'm going to fill one when bottling for visual check purposes, if the wherry turns out even half as good as the reviews from the kits on here it will be far superior than what came out of them!

Latest posts

Back