Hotels with good pubs nearby

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cask is best

Landlord.
Reaction score
Anyone help please. Got three days off in October and trying to find a 4* hotel with pool sauna gym etc preferably in the midlands market town or city hotel but not bang in the centre of a big city. Must have pubs within walking distance of the hotel for obvious reasons.

Have been looking at a few but don't want to book any and find it's in the middle of nowhere.
Any recommendations guys.

Regards.
CIB

OK, I'm going to skirt around the 'not in the middle of a big city' slightly, but uphill Lincoln. You're in East Yorks so presumably already on your radar. My home town for 20 years and parents still there.

The Strugglers, The Jolly Brewer, the Adam and Eve, Tap and Spile...depends what you like. The Victoria used to be great for beers and atmosphere but has changed a lot unfortunately.

Noisier, more central, but with great choice of beers... The Straight and Narrow, Widow Cullen's Well (Sam Smith's).

Just not sure on gym/sauna facilities in the hotels I can immediately think of such as The Lincoln or the White Hart.

Loads'a history and old stuff around.

thanks for the reply morethanworts. lol did Lincoln two years ago. and a very good time we both had. Esp trying to walk up steep hill after a few.
:cheers: CIB

A couple of friends live in Evesham, and have been to a couple of good pubs there. It seems like a pleasant place, but I've only visited the one time so don't have a huge amount of experience of it.

Moley is from Worcestershire, so he might know that area a bit better.

Ludlow is a wonderful 'Midlands market town', it's full of good pubs and good food. There's 2 good mirco brewers, The Ludlow Brewery and Hobsons Brewery, Many pubs in the town keep these beers.

Pool, sauna gym? ........... don't know about that.

Ludlow. Never heard of Ludlow Market town :thumb: Another one to check out thanks.

Must have a hotel with pool/gym etc thou
:cheers: CIB

The Arden in Stratford on Avon is rather nice, but not a spa hotel, more a place to laze around and enjoy Stratford.

York would fit the bill, quite a few good hotels there and no shortage of good pubs :)

TRXnMe said:
The Arden in Stratford on Avon is rather nice, but not a spa hotel, more a place to laze around and enjoy Stratford.

York would fit the bill, quite a few good hotels there and no shortage of good pubs :)

Hi. Did Stratford 4 years ago had a great time and was thinking of going again. Was looking at York too.

At the moment we are looking at what looks like a nice one in Daventry. So looks like the fav up to now. Maybe booking this week.

Thanks for all replys folks.
:cheers:

Latest posts

Back