My mate, my best mate...dead :-(

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BarnsleyBrewer

Reaction score
Had a phone call at work earlier around 8.30pm informing me my best mate had taken his own life. :( :(

He'd been having a few marriage problems with his wife and thought his whole life had disintegrated, he leaves 2 children....

Wife came home from work and she had to get the police to open the door, he'd hung himself from the loft hatch...

GUTTED!!!

BB :cry: :cry: :cry:

****, sorry to hear that BB, that's awful.

I feel for you and his family

Sorry to here that John you must be devastated, especially the way he died, I'll raise a glass to your friend.

im very sorry to here this BB...
what a waist of a life ...
my thoughts are with you and his family...
so very very sad ...

regards mick... :hat: .

tragic !

my thoughts and preys are with you BB, and his family.
I hope and prey that I never feel this kind of loss.

That's awful, you have my sympathies, its a horrible thing to happen. My neighbour took his own life just over a year ago, it was a dreadful time, and you keep asking yourself why he couldn't talk about his problems, sadly there are no satisfactory answers.
I can't understand how anyone could do it, I'm sure I wouldn't have the balls to go through with it.

i dont understand it either, i had a mate who came home from school and found his father hanging from the loft hatch. It destroyed his life and even in his 50's he could never understand or get over it.

Again, its the kids that will suffer in the long term, he wont.

A troubled mind.

I'm really sorry to hear your news John. I work in MH and sadly it's a very frequent occurrence. Devastating for those involved.

Thanks' for the kind words lads, means a lot to me from my mates on here... :thumb:

I can't begin to understand how his family are feeling... :cry: :cry:

BB

That is terrible, my thoughts and prayers go out to you and his family.

Sorry for your loss.

My best mate died 15 years ago we used to go fishing together every weekend and have fishing holidays in Ireland , since then I've lost all interest in fishing.

Anyone who's suffered with depression will tell you how easy it would be to take their own life.

Very sorry to hear this BB. Having had someone close to me do this it is not easily but with depression it is hard to see any other way out. My thoughts are with you and his family

That's awful, must be a massive shock for you, never mind his family.

I have a mate who attempted the same and luckily was found in the nick of time. Visiting him afterwards in hospital there was no clear explanation, he wasn't sure why he did it (although he was going through a terrible time with his child having recently died). It wasn't something he'd been planning, it just sort of came to him, the upshot was that there wasn't anything anyone could have done or said that would have changed things.

Latest posts

Back