My mate, my best mate...dead :-(

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That really is so sad. I can't fathom what level of despair would make someone take their own life, but I know for some people, it's a very real choice. The consequences will be far reaching, and my thoughts go out to you, his family and those he's left behind.

Sad news that BB. Thoughts with you and his family.
Must be horrendous to find yourself in a position where you think that is the only option left.
Really feel for his kids :(

sorry for your loss bb

I suffer from depression, the meds help, but there are times when thing seem dark and your thoughts can lead to dark place and your thinking is not in a good place. My thoughts are with you and his family.

What an awful thing. Thoughts and prayers with you and your friend's family :(

What a terrible day for you, all his friends and most of all for his family.
As many have noted here, it is impossible to know what would make a man do that, but an outwardly brave face can easily mask depression or despair, and we men are so bad at talking about it or asking for help.
Having dealt with too much loss in my own short time, I have some inkling of what it's like, and my heart goes out to all of you.

That's awful, John. I hope the kids manage to come to terms with it, all you can do is remember the good times and try not to dwell on what if's.

Its a great loss to everyone involved and I can't begin to imagine what a low he must have been at to make that choice.

Jaysus, that's awful John :cry:

Condolences to the family - and you - he will leave huge hole in your life too I'm sure :(

Really sorry to hear this bud.

Hope you and his family are all ok and coping alright. As above, just try and remember the good times you had together.

Very sorry to hear BB.

The same thing happened to a close mate of mine about 10 years ago and under very similar circumstances. Thankfully in his case there were no kids involved.

My condolences to you and his family. You are no doubt going through many emotions. I felt a lot of anger and guilt when I lost my mate. Even though I knew there were problems neither me nor any of his other close friends knew that things had got so bad and of course we'd have done anything to stop it happening. Unfortunately men are very good at hiding their feelings and it doesn't do anyone any good in the long term.

I got my love of Timothy Taylor's Landlord from my mate and every time I have a pint I remember him. I'm sure you'll do the same.

Latest posts

Back