WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc White Wine 30btl kit

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

meddyliol

Reaction score
Have been looking at one of these kits (WineBuddy Sauvignon Blanc White Wine Homebrew Kit - 30 Bottles) which seem reasonable at around £22. What seems strange though is the amount of sugar that needs to be added, 4kg. Does that mean the grape juice isn't very good or what? The kits I have used either have no sugar added or about 0.5kg. Any comment would be appreciated.

Cheers

Brian :grin:

The cheaper the kit, the less grape juice they give you and the more sugar you need to add.

The stuff in the can is more or less a flavouring compound rather than grape juice.

I've used this kit a lot, but now use the Cellar 7 version because the cost difference is quite small and you get about twice as much grape and the sugar is included. The Winebuddy 30 comes with 1 litre of pure grape juice concentrate, but it's generic and probably contains little or no sauvignon blanc, the flavour of which is simulated with 2 sachets of flavouring. In the end, you get wine made from 20% grape, which doesn't seem much, but I can assure you it's pretty good, especially considering the cost per bottle! The kit also includes French oak chips, fast fermenting yeast and a unique 3 part fining kit which clears the wine within 24 hours.
The cabernet sauvgnon and merlot versions are pleasant enough, but deficient in body and colour.

Thanks for that. A lot of good info there. Will have a look at the Cellar 7.

Cheers :cool:

Back