Been Shopping

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike-os

Landlord.
Reaction score
Well it was only when i started brewing again that I regretted having an induction hob, because finding a big pan that does not cost more than a house is quite difficult it seems....

found this last week and arrived today... only 15l but enough for partial mash and Clibits gallon brews.....

so thought I would collect some grain as I was near a decent shop earlier today....

2015-10-20 19.03.39.jpg

2015-10-20 19.06.26.jpg

2015-10-20 19.06.39.jpg

enough for half a dozen mini brews.... :cheers:

just to let you know it is all Clibits fault and he will be named in the divorce suit, along with anyone who offered suggestions for sample beers in the Philistine Alert thread :rofl:

got a US 05 and W32/70 yeast to play with as they seemed to be the most "adaptable"

I'll come to court if you like. Stinking of malt, yeast and hops.

You can get up to about 10 litre batches out of that pot, if it's 15 litres. And boost them with dme and extra hops to make much bigger partial mash brews.

Took the heat off you up here in the north clibit I went on the wine before my good lady came in (after 2 beers)she thinks I am really sophisticated now😈 and is cutting the cheese at the moment...haha lagerlad

I have one of those pots, I don't really use it for brewing now (I might make a few partials in the winter when it gets too cold to use burner outside)

You can easily do 10 liter AG brews with it and you should be able to do a partial mash and I used to get about 3.5kg of grain in a mash in there

that is the general idea chaps, a bit of playing with partial mash, 5-10l AG and general experimenting to see what I like while i save for more kit to go up to proper size brews...:electric:

induction hob means I will have to go electric or gas.... cant decide which

Good plan. There are pros and cons for electric and gas. No obvious winner.

Latest posts

Back