M&S beer selection

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Today I popped into a recently opened local m&s and was surprised by their selection of beers, really impressive.

Anyone tried their own range? I didn't buy any but will slowly work through them at some point.

Today I popped into a recently opened local m&s and was surprised by their selection of beers, really impressive.

Anyone tried their own range? I didn't buy any but will slowly work through them at some point.

Not tried any myself either but noticed they do a good few which are bottle conditioned so guess you could build up some yeast from the trub left in the bottles after pouring.

I keep meaning to try their Mosaic SMASH. I think it's made by Adnams and I've had the Adnams version in pubs before and really like it but can never find it in bottles.

The Southwold Blonde is good and they sell a rebadged Oakham citra too.

I keep meaning to try their Mosaic SMASH. I think it's made by Adnams and I've had the Adnams version in pubs before and really like it but can never find it in bottles.

I've tried the Mosaic one from M&S, it was really nice.
Could definitely taste a blueberry-like flavour from the mosaic hops.

I like the Adnams single hop range that they do.
Good for trying out different hops flavours. Nice idea.

And I agree, a great range of beers at M&S.

IMG_2865.JPG

IMG_2867.JPG

IMG_2866.JPG

Yeah, they have some good ones there. The single hop ones are winners, but the salted caramel porter goes down well too.

I bought a few of the single-hop ones to try to determine which hops I like the best, the Mosaic was the winner in my book and a hop I shall be looking to brew with at some point.

The Southwold Blonde is good and they sell a rebadged Oakham citra too.

Their beers are all made by good breweries , I just find them expensive for instance I can get the original Oakhams Citra from B&M for £1.79 whereas the rebadged M&S version is £2.40. M&S are not cheap.

Here is some free advice.......Walk straight past m&s and go into your local Aldi. Its a bit hit and miss (as per Aldi`s business structure) but some excellent beers at £1.25 per 500ml

sorry but I can not see why you would buy beer.
when you are also brewing some yourself a waste of money

If you're brewing to save money then fair enough but if you're serious about improving the quality then you'll get better faster by comparing your own to the pros.

It's also good to keep trying new things to give you ideas of what to brew.

Because I like beer. I like to try new beers. I like to taste different styles etc, helps decide if I want to brew something similar. I don't walk into a pub and order a soft drink.

I also grow fruit and veg, I still have to buy some

Their beers are all made by good breweries , I just find them expensive for instance I can get the original Oakhams Citra from B&M for £1.79 whereas the rebadged M&S version is £2.40. M&S are not cheap.

Last time I bought some, I got 10% discount if I bought 6 or more. I agree the Mosaic was the best of the ones I tried.

Some of the larger M&S have some Tiny Rebel beers. The Full Nelson is a nice one

Last time I bought some, I got 10% discount if I bought 6 or more. I agree the Mosaic was the best of the ones I tried.

Some of the larger M&S have some Tiny Rebel beers. The Full Nelson is a nice one

Yeah they had a couple of Tiny Rebel there.

Latest posts

Back