Brewcraftbeer.co.uk

The Homebrew Forum

Help Support The Homebrew Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Purtchiarn

Reaction score
I've seen these all grain starter kits that only make about 8x500 bottles of beer but seem like a perfect start to hone the art.

Has anyone ever used and would reccomend these kits?

I feel like only making 4l of beer and if it wasn't a good brew us fairly effortless to throw and start again where as 20 or 30 pints would be a huge waste.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
http://www.brewcraftbeer.co.uk/wheat-dreams-bavarian-hefeweizen-106-p.asp

DONT BUY THAT, £32 !!!! for a fivers worth of ingredients? especially if you have brewed a kit or 2 and have a £3 siphon and £2 thermometer

a pet demijon is free with 5l of supermarket water, grain is a couple of quid a kilo, yeast is a £1+ tho you can spend a fiver or more on a live culture.. and a 100g pack of hops is a few quid and if brewing at 8 bottles a brew thats a LOT of hops..

check out worcester hop shop for smaller volume ag kits, and if you can only find a 10l kit make 2 x 4-5l brews from 1 kit.... (you will have some waste due to hop absorption and deadspace etc..

good job you stopped by to ask imho..

Thanks mate, I really appreciate the feedback.

I always go with a slight side of caution with these things but the idea is to just gone the skill of all he's. I have all the equipment apart from smalĺer fermenter so I guess I could just buy two smaller demijohn.

I'll Google Worcester hop shop now.

I love this forum! Every bit of feedback I've had has been helpful.

I've seen these all grain starter kits that only make about 8x500 bottles of beer but seem like a perfect start to hone the art.

Has anyone ever used and would reccomend these kits?

I feel like only making 4l of beer and if it wasn't a good brew us fairly effortless to throw and start again where as 20 or 30 pints would be a huge waste.

Any advice would be gratefully received.

Thanks
http://www.brewcraftbeer.co.uk/wheat-dreams-bavarian-hefeweizen-106-p.asp

If you really want a less steep learning curve, try starting with powdered malt. Skip the mashing, just boil malt and hops, cool, pitch, bottle, and viola! Beer.
And to make it even easier: go SMaSH. Single Malt(extract), Single Hops.

The big plus of the kit you mentioned is, it's quite complete. All the ingredients have the correct weight. You can use all the hardware again but proper kitchen scales (in grams accuracy) are required.

Last edited:
That product makes the buyer think that you can actually brew beer with that kit, no mention of what to mash the malt with?

Geterbrewed do ingredient packs that make 5 litres on stove top for about �£10 each, cheaper though to buy bigger and just measure it out smaller I reckon. I just bought malt and hops though, and some good books, can't be that difficult surely? ;)

Another plus for Geterbrewed,however i don't buy the kits. All that has been said is good. You could try doing a few Exract brews with some steeping grains and hops just to get into the swing of it,you can make some really good brews that way and its a good step towards doing all grain brewing and or partial mashes,ie some extract and some mashes combined. Extract is dearer pint for pint however.:thumb:

Another plus for Geterbrewed,however i don't buy the kits. All that has been said is good. You could try doing a few Exract brews with some steeping grains and hops just to get into the swing of it,you can make some really good brews that way and its a good step towards doing all grain brewing and or partial mashes,ie some extract and some mashes combined. Extract is dearer pint for pint however.:thumb:

I didn't either, as if I wanted to brew kits I may as well still brew kits... :lol: The lure of all grain brewing is experimentation and creation, for me anyway.:thumb: Buy more than you need, save money, and create multiple different brews to enjoy. Even if you mess up, you've had a go. :thumb: He says with 6 kilos of malt sat in a box in front of him, hops and yeast on the way....:twisted:

My first ever brew was one of those brew craft beer kits, it was a present so the cost didn't come in to it. The results were good so I ordered an ingredients only kit from them for my second brew which was also decent. As others have said tho, they're seriously overpriced and there are now loads of alternative suppliers which offer much better value.

Latest posts

Back